Author Topic: Board Unavailable In the Mornings  (Read 9457 times)

veronaz

Re: Board Unavailable In the Mornings
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2013, 10:06:11 AM »
I haven't had problems in the mornings, but three times this past week I've had problems in the evening - between 9 - 10:30PM EST.  Not able to access the site for over an hour.  Error message:

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

jmarvellous

« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2013, 11:13:13 AM »
Connectivity problems here about 30 minutes ago and last night, too.

squeakers

« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2013, 01:54:18 AM »
Connectivity problems for the last 2 hours here as well.  Really makes me antsy when I can't get my fix  ;D
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

Nikko-chan

« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2013, 01:55:05 AM »
Connectivity problems for the last 2 hours here as well.  Really makes me antsy when I can't get my fix  ;D

you too!? That settles it then.. ehell is an addiction!

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2013, 07:43:58 AM »

Posted at 1:58 am but what time zone?  There are backups that are scheduled in the wee hours of the mornings that can definitely slow down the site...that's why they are scheduled during the hours of least activity online. 

Curly Wurly Doggie Breath

• Aussie's Rule
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2013, 07:55:47 AM »
No issues here. :)

The Southern Cross Flag. Australia

Psychopoesie

« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2013, 08:03:20 AM »
The site was down for me today (Australian Eastern Standard Time) between 2 and 3pm (approximately).

That's between midnight and 1am New York time, if that helps.

:)

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2013, 09:47:42 AM »
It went out last night around 9:30pm Central (USA) - I gave up and went to bed early - then read something else for a little while (Feist & Wurtz - Servant of the Empire - for those who want to know).
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

veronaz

« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2013, 12:53:27 PM »
Again last night 10:00PM - 11:00PM EST. 
Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Don't know if it came up ....my last try was 11:15PM EST.

squeakers

« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2013, 05:05:08 PM »
It went out last night around 9:30pm Central (USA) - I gave up and went to bed early - then read something else for a little while (Feist & Wurtz - Servant of the Empire - for those who want to know).

Same here.. central timezone.

Also, people have been posting on the facebook page when it does go down. It shows a bit of a pattern as to when.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 05:06:52 PM by squeakers »
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

MariaE

• So many books, so little time
« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2013, 02:26:43 AM »
The board has started being down in the mornings again for me. At about 7am GMT+1. Only for about 30-60 minutes - then it's back up again.

Dane by birth, Kiwi by choice

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2013, 08:35:03 AM »
I've been having issues at about 1 to 2 pm Eastern daylight time the last week or so.  It never seems to be down long, though.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

o_gal

« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2014, 08:29:15 AM »
Anyone besides me having a sense of deja vu, because it seems to be happening again. It started for me about a week ago - taking either a long time to load pages, or the page won't load and I get this error:

Temporarily Unavailable
Due to high stress on the server the forum is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

It's happening at the same time for me as it was the last time - it starts roughly about 8:15am US Eastern Time.

athersgeo

• No one told you when to run
« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2014, 08:55:28 AM »
I haven't had the board be totally unavailable, but it does slow down quite badly around the sort of time you're talking. It doesn't usually last long, though

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2014, 09:57:16 AM »
Anyone besides me having a sense of deja vu, because it seems to be happening again. It started for me about a week ago - taking either a long time to load pages, or the page won't load and I get this error:

Temporarily Unavailable
Due to high stress on the server the forum is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

It's happening at the same time for me as it was the last time - it starts roughly about 8:15am US Eastern Time.

I don't get the sentence about high stress and it happens about 7:15 central daylight time - I guess that would be the same time.