General Etiquette > Etiquette of the Rich and Famous

Jesse Eisenberg & Romina Puga

<< < (2/3) > >>

ettiquit:
She's a terrible interviewer and was pretty rude to Jesse.  I think Jesse was probably just trying to do some good-natured ribbing that fell flat. 

He does come off as kind of jerky to me, even outside this interview, but I don't really think he behaved that badly.  If I'm giving my time for an interview, and the interviewer calls me a jerk within the first 30 seconds, it may very well affect how I respond for the rest of the interview.

TurtleDove:
Wow, my take is entirely different than most of the replies here.  I think they were flirting.  Her blog post did not jibe with what I saw in the video at all.  I am not a huge fan of either of them, but the "interview" was not intended to be a serious thing in the first place.  They were both smiling and flirty throughout, in my opinion, and for the context and type of interview, I didn't think either was unprofessional or out of line.

ettiquit:

--- Quote from: TurtleDove on June 06, 2013, 11:08:39 AM ---Wow, my take is entirely different than most of the replies here.  I think they were flirting.  Her blog post did not jibe with what I saw in the video at all.  I am not a huge fan of either of them, but the "interview" was not intended to be a serious thing in the first place.  They were both smiling and flirty throughout, in my opinion, and for the context and type of interview, I didn't think either was unprofessional or out of line.

--- End quote ---

That's an interesting take!  So maybe Jesse thought they were flirting and Romina just didn't pick up on it.

JoieGirl7:

--- Quote from: ettiquit on June 06, 2013, 12:03:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: TurtleDove on June 06, 2013, 11:08:39 AM ---Wow, my take is entirely different than most of the replies here.  I think they were flirting.  Her blog post did not jibe with what I saw in the video at all.  I am not a huge fan of either of them, but the "interview" was not intended to be a serious thing in the first place.  They were both smiling and flirty throughout, in my opinion, and for the context and type of interview, I didn't think either was unprofessional or out of line.

--- End quote ---

That's an interesting take!  So maybe Jesse thought they were flirting and Romina just didn't pick up on it.

--- End quote ---

I agree, it was flirting.

WillyNilly:

--- Quote from: ettiquit on June 06, 2013, 09:33:17 AM ---She's a terrible interviewer and was pretty rude to Jesse.  I think Jesse was probably just trying to do some good-natured ribbing that fell flat. 

He does come off as kind of jerky to me, even outside this interview, but I don't really think he behaved that badly.  If I'm giving my time for an interview, and the interviewer calls me a jerk within the first 30 seconds, it may very well affect how I respond for the rest of the interview.

--- End quote ---

She didn't call him a "jerk" in teh first 30 seconds. In the first 30 seconds he opens with berating her over referring to Morgan Freeman as simply "Freeman". Its got to be one of the most hostile interview openings I've seen in a long time, and all the hostility is from him.. Admittedly at about 45 seconds she calls his thumbs fat, but then he digs into her about whats on her hand and can't she even remember her interview questions.

--- End quote ---

Wow, I would never think this was flirty! Jessie is openly nasty and mean to her from the get go as though he resents her and being there. I think she tries to be a bit flirty and smiling but he's just nasty to her IMO. If a girlfriend of mine was treated like that by a guy and she thought he was flirting I'd suggest he read "He's Just Not That Into You" or something.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version