Author Topic: Jesse Eisenberg & Romina Puga  (Read 2684 times)

shhh its me

• Super Hero!
Jesse Eisenberg & Romina Puga
« on: June 04, 2013, 02:24:25 PM »
http://univisionnews.tumblr.com/post/50670415326/behind-the-scenes-of-our-jesse-eisenberg-interview

Their both being called rude , jerks and unprofessional.  please note that the 5 minute video was edited by Miss Puga to 2:48 and the end of the video is actually the start of the interview (According to Puga , she's starts with the request " can you say my name into the camera")  Knowing this I think she was petulant "just skip it ", "its my name not a word" , downright rude " you're such a jerk "  and trying to have witty banter "that's it your never find me" in the first 30 seconds. 

Thoughts ? 

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: Jesse Eisenberg & Romina Puga
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 02:30:36 PM »
They're both immature.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 02:42:16 PM »
They are both immature and sarcastic. 

Plus that's five minutes of my life I can't get back watching those two driveliodiots.

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 02:51:17 PM »
I agree she got petulant but he was downright nasty and mean throughout the whole interview really doing his darned hardest to make thing awkward, uncomfortable and negative for her. She seems to really be trying to conduct a fluff interview and he's just combative from the get go.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 02:56:43 PM »
I'm reminded too of why I don't like the animated movie Rio, because he voices Blue, the main bird.   There's just something about his voice that just grates on my nerves. 

He was really rude and mean the whole time and while she's not a great interviewer, there was no need for him to be so nasty to her.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

ettiquit

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 09:33:17 AM »
She's a terrible interviewer and was pretty rude to Jesse.  I think Jesse was probably just trying to do some good-natured ribbing that fell flat. 

He does come off as kind of jerky to me, even outside this interview, but I don't really think he behaved that badly.  If I'm giving my time for an interview, and the interviewer calls me a jerk within the first 30 seconds, it may very well affect how I respond for the rest of the interview.

TurtleDove

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 11:08:39 AM »
Wow, my take is entirely different than most of the replies here.  I think they were flirting.  Her blog post did not jibe with what I saw in the video at all.  I am not a huge fan of either of them, but the "interview" was not intended to be a serious thing in the first place.  They were both smiling and flirty throughout, in my opinion, and for the context and type of interview, I didn't think either was unprofessional or out of line.

ettiquit

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 12:03:56 PM »
Wow, my take is entirely different than most of the replies here.  I think they were flirting.  Her blog post did not jibe with what I saw in the video at all.  I am not a huge fan of either of them, but the "interview" was not intended to be a serious thing in the first place.  They were both smiling and flirty throughout, in my opinion, and for the context and type of interview, I didn't think either was unprofessional or out of line.

That's an interesting take!  So maybe Jesse thought they were flirting and Romina just didn't pick up on it.

JoieGirl7

• Super Hero!
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 12:31:00 PM »

That's an interesting take!  So maybe Jesse thought they were flirting and Romina just didn't pick up on it.

I agree, it was flirting.

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 12:33:27 PM »
She's a terrible interviewer and was pretty rude to Jesse.  I think Jesse was probably just trying to do some good-natured ribbing that fell flat. 

He does come off as kind of jerky to me, even outside this interview, but I don't really think he behaved that badly.  If I'm giving my time for an interview, and the interviewer calls me a jerk within the first 30 seconds, it may very well affect how I respond for the rest of the interview.

She didn't call him a "jerk" in teh first 30 seconds. In the first 30 seconds he opens with berating her over referring to Morgan Freeman as simply "Freeman". Its got to be one of the most hostile interview openings I've seen in a long time, and all the hostility is from him.. Admittedly at about 45 seconds she calls his thumbs fat, but then he digs into her about whats on her hand and can't she even remember her interview questions.

Wow, I would never think this was flirty! Jessie is openly nasty and mean to her from the get go as though he resents her and being there. I think she tries to be a bit flirty and smiling but he's just nasty to her IMO. If a girlfriend of mine was treated like that by a guy and she thought he was flirting I'd suggest he read "He's Just Not That Into You" or something.

shhh its me

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2013, 04:20:30 PM »

She didn't call him a "jerk" in teh first 30 seconds. In the first 30 seconds he opens with berating her over referring to Morgan Freeman as simply "Freeman". Its got to be one of the most hostile interview openings I've seen in a long time, and all the hostility is from him.. Admittedly at about 45 seconds she calls his thumbs fat, but then he digs into her about whats on her hand and can't she even remember her interview questions.

The end of the video is actually the start of the interview ...she starts with "Can you say my name into the camera"  she made the edit and I'm getting this info from her blog.  So it does look like she called him a jerk within the first 30 seconds not at the end.  So watching that 30 seconds first ..she asked him to do a tag line for her ( looks like with no/unclear explanation) then said never mind forget it , then gave playful/odd instructions , then he was a maybe a bit mean and said " well maybe I didn't want to find you and want to be alone" then she calls him a jerk.

My own perception card trick was next ( based on his referencing "hey I did the say your name thing for you what more do you want" during the card trick)  I'm not sure when the in the actually interview the Morgan Freeman part happened only that it happened before the "thumb trick"

sorry I couldn't get my reply out of the quote box

« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 04:29:42 PM by Merry Mrs Martin »

prairie_dances

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2013, 01:23:00 PM »

I agree. Or two sarcastic people playing off each other. At the beginning of the interview Romina seemed like someone who could take the dry sarcasm that I've see Jesse do before. Guess not. That said, they both come off badly here.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

New York