No advice whatsoever, but I do think I love you--
I bought a loaf of white bread once for the office, and it ended up completely drying out--never lost it's shape, color, no mold, nothing. Just a normal looking loaf of bread (in the wrapper) that was the stalest thing outside of my uncle's jokes. I loved that thing, and it occupied a place of honor on my bookshelf until a cleaning lady threw it out--7 years later.
You're my new hero of the day!
Thanks, all for your suggestions. I really appreciate your help. I do not want anything in my cube to be offensive to Boss or anybody else for that matter.
I'm not going to bring it home (it's an office thing
) and plastic bagging it would take a rather large sized clear plastic bag and would (in my opinion) destroy the "look."
Also you don't know if some" helpful " person watered your dead plant at sometime and that caused the mold.
I would take steps to do SOMETHING as your boss seems reasonable with helping you with awful smell of bananas.
As a fellow banana-loather, I can appreciate that.
Oh, I certainly hope nobody watered the darned thing!
Wow. I never thought anybody would think of doing that, watering someone else's plant?
I do agree that I should do SOMETHING, especially since she's highly allergic.
Funny thing, though, she sat in my guest chair the day after I posted for 20 minutes with nary a complaint.
If the HVAC was in unusually high gear then it's very possible the funny smell could have been coming from the building system. Dust and moulds settle in the ducts and spring is the time when the AC get tested out and all that stuff gets disturbed, and very few commercial buildings invest in regular duct cleanings.
I'm hoping this was the problem. I don't normally smell anything "off" in the office air, but that day I did. Maybe they were cleaning the ducts or something like that.
Yesterday, I did move the plant to the other side of my cube, maybe 8ft away from the guest chair. Just to be safe. I'll keep a good eye on it and if I detect anything even the slightest bit moldy or smelly, I'll get rid of it.
Do you think this is a good enough solution?