Author Topic: Anchor vs. Weatherwoman - so awkward, I'm wondering if it is legit lol  (Read 2241 times)

NyaChan

http://cheezburger.com/50961153

Have you seen this?  Watch to the end for the final zinger.

blueyzca01

Wow, they are just so sweet to each other.  What a nice working relationship.
No one ever says, "Why me?!?!" when something good happens.

MrTango

I saw several videos of this pair, and it really looks as if the anchorwoman has an overly high opinion of herself and is the primary antagonist.  The weatherwoman doesn't come out looking all that great either.

TurtleDove

• Super Hero!
Huh.  I saw this and assumed the two were great friends.  I highly doubt the network would allow this to continue to happen if they were ACTUALLY snarking at each other!  I bet this really creates great ratings! I don't think it's "fake" in the sense of scripted but more a situation of "the joke's on anyone who gets offended or thinks this is a serious situation of these two women hate each other."

DottyG

• Super Hero!
Huh.  I saw this and assumed the two were great friends.  I highly doubt the network would allow this to continue to happen if they were ACTUALLY snarking at each other!  I bet this really creates great ratings! I don't think it's "fake" in the sense of scripted but more a situation of "the joke's on anyone who gets offended or thinks this is a serious situation of these two women hate each other."

That was my thought, too.  And some of the comments aren't really that mean.  Some of them are kinda "joshin' with a friend" sounding.

Shoo

• Super Hero!
It looked like they were giving and taking equally, and having some fun.  I didn't sense animosity.  Just good natured ribbing.  Just goes to show that people will see whatever they want to see.

msmoose

It sounded to me more like a station trying to be edgy and hip (is hip even a hip word anymore?). They have two personalities who are possibly friendly-but-not-quite-friends (many of the comments didn't ring as hostile to me, but they did feel kind of hollow and forced) and are encouraging the sarcasm for some reason.

That's my theory, anyway. They could just be messing with each other in good humor, too - my DH and I can certainly be a sarcastic pair, but we get along quite well 95% of the time.

RooRoo

• Iím out of my mind. Please leave a message.
Nope, sorry. Good humor sounds... good humored. This does not. The anchorwoman was being rude, and completely unprofessional. The meteorologist did a decent job of keeping her cool. Better than I would have.

I would hate to hear that beauty queen reading a piece of news about someone she dislikes. And I really hope she meets up with "karma" some day, and learns something from it. Beauty is as beauty does, as my Grandma would say.

If that's "edgy" and "hip," saints preserve me from being exposed to any more of it.
"Someday we must write a book of Etiquette for sensible people," said Mrs. Morland, "though apart from a few rules it really boils down to an educated mind and a kind heart." ~ Angela Thirkell, Never Too Late

TurtleDove

• Super Hero!
Nope, sorry. Good humor sounds... good humored. This does not. The anchorwoman was being rude, and completely unprofessional. The meteorologist did a decent job of keeping her cool. Better than I would have.

I would hate to hear that beauty queen reading a piece of news about someone she dislikes. And I really hope she meets up with "karma" some day, and learns something from it. Beauty is as beauty does, as my Grandma would say.

If that's "edgy" and "hip," saints preserve me from being exposed to any more of it.

It's interesting to me how different people perceive the same situation!  I am reasonably confident that if this were a real dispute and the comments were malicious in nature that the network would address it.  To me it so very obviously good humor!

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
This to me was very mean spirited and uncomfortable. It might have been meant as humor but it wasn't "light hearted" humor to me by any stretch of the imagination, it was mean-spirited humor at best. I would not watch this news, ever, by choice.

pearls n purls

I think the anchorwoman is just a sarcastic person, and is joking around.  If they were serious, I don't think the network would allow it.

I've seen news anchors rib each other, and it usually has a more positive feel.  I agree that this news station might be trying to be edgy.

sparksals

• Super Hero!
I am normally pretty easy going and love a rib-fest here and there.  But even I cringed at some of what Nicole said.  It really seemed to me she truly meant what she was saying to the weather lady.  Guess she is sincere, eh? 

Redneck Gravy

This to me was very mean spirited and uncomfortable. It might have been meant as humor but it wasn't "light hearted" humor to me by any stretch of the imagination, it was mean-spirited humor at best. I would not watch this news, ever, by choice.

what WillyNilly said 

ugh, can you imagine working with someone that takes a dig at you every single day!  Every freeking day another dig, no thanks and I don't think much of either one for participating.  I don't care who is "worse" than the other one.  If I were the manager of such a fine station I would have put a stop to it YESTERDAY. 

TurtleDove

• Super Hero!
ugh, can you imagine working with someone that takes a dig at you every single day!  Every freeking day another dig, no thanks and I don't think much of either one for participating.  I don't care who is "worse" than the other one.  If I were the manager of such a fine station I would have put a stop to it YESTERDAY.

See, I work with lots of people who interact this way and it is understood to be joking banter.  It's friendly.  Is it a dig?  Well, I mean, I guess, but it's not meant maliciously at all in my workplace.  It's almost like non-sexual flirting.  It surprises me that so many people take offense to it and think it is serious, actually.

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It

See, I work with lots of people who interact this way and it is understood to be joking banter.  It's friendly.  Is it a dig?  Well, I mean, I guess, but it's not meant maliciously at all in my workplace.  It's almost like non-sexual flirting.  It surprises me that so many people take offense to it and think it is serious, actually.

Once its funny, twice its tolerable, but repeatedly its just mean. Jokes, IMO, should be positive things - I associate laughter with happiness. Digs can be funny when they are once in a while, but ultimately a "dig" is a negative, so when its over and over its not funny anymore because its not positive.  It just makes me think the person making the digs is very unhappy and/or angry at heart and has no joy or positivity in their life.

Also laughing at digs, to me, is to laugh at someone, not with someone. It makes the target of the dig the punchline, not the wittiness of the joke.

If I worked in a place with this type of banter being constant I would consider it a hostile workplace.