Author Topic: I did a cut direct, and now the person wants to make up Question pg 5  (Read 13274 times)

Onyx_TKD

So both of OM's accounts were blocked at the time of my update post.  Today I went to report his 2nd page as a multiple page and found his 2nd page unblocked!  >:(  Anyone know if he shuts his secondary page down, and then restarted it would it circumvent the blocking security features?

On the Facebook blocking page, it says "Add name or email." If you blocked him using his email address rather than his name, is it possible that he changed the address associated with his account? I don't know whether the email address is used only to initially locate the account or whether the block is strictly associated with that email address. From the Help page on blocking, it sounds like blocking someone by name requires selecting their specific profile from a list, so I would expect that deleting one's page and creating a new one under the same name would indeed circumvent the block.

If I were you, I'd go ahead and try individually blocking all of his known email addresses and blocking all his current accounts by name. I'd also contact Facebook to A) ask for help on effectively blocking him and B) report that he's deliberately circumvented the block (twice) to harass you using duplicate accounts. Even if they wouldn't usually bother to crack down on duplicate accounts, I suspect the fact that he's using his to get around the blocking feature will prompt them to take action.

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
Re: I did a cut direct, and now the person wants to make up Question pg 5
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2013, 10:08:44 PM »
He is doing what my cut did..every time he would get blocked, he would make a new page with slight changes..an S on the last name, new email with it then start to send me messages.  Also, someone can send you messages after a friend request even if you haven't friended them..there is a way to fix that but someone did it for me (I am not great with these things) so I couldn't tell you how, but I would report him by name/email to FB for stalking.

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
Re: I did a cut direct, and now the person wants to make up Question pg 5
« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2013, 10:51:56 PM »
He is doing what my cut did..every time he would get blocked, he would make a new page with slight changes..an S on the last name, new email with it then start to send me messages.  Also, someone can send you messages after a friend request even if you haven't friended them..there is a way to fix that but someone did it for me (I am not great with these things) so I couldn't tell you how, but I would report him by name/email to FB for stalking.

I'd probably wait and see about that -- one time could just be a FB glitch.

Pen^2

"Let us fast forward to 2013. I am not interested in dating or hanging with you. I am interested in having a pleasant time at the club. I am interested in hanging out and associating with my friends such as B and V. I have known them for several years. When you decided to become friends with them while I am also interacting with them, I had decided to make peace, so we could all tolerate each other. I thought that it was the right thing to do. Sitting at the same table together and being adversaries was not working out. I thought that I was taking a positive step by proposing a truce, but my efforts backfired. I am kind of hurt by all of this drama. I have recently talked to both B and V about this rift that you and I have. You have won the battle. I have decided to take a hiatus from Billy’s and not go there when there is entertainment that we both prefer. I am relinquishing my right to be there. I am giving up my friends. I am giving up my music. You won't have to worry about avoiding contact with me. I'll simply go away. You win!" 

Wow, what a piece of work. Still not anything resembling an apology or admittance of ever doing anything vaguely wrong, and a whole lot of "I'm doing so much for you" and "woe is me". I especially love the whole "I had decided to make peace" and "I thought that I was taking a positive step by proposing a truce, but my efforts backfired," which is pretty obviously blaming you. <sarcasm>How dare you hurt him! The poor widdle baby. He has to give up all the things he loves because the big old meany has the audacity to not want to interact with him *gasp*. </sarcasm> This guy would get an award over at passiveaggressivenotes.com

He mentions talking to B and V about it, and nothing more. That may suggest that they didn't, unfortunately for him, tell him how wrong you were, how right he was, or (quite probably) agree to help him coerce you. This guy is diagnosable. Good for you for sticking to your guns and not yielding to his harassment.