Hostesses With The Mostest > Recipe Requests

Tuna Salad dressing suggestions, please.

<< < (6/6)

jpcher:

--- Quote from: Girly on October 14, 2013, 04:09:58 PM ---I don't like the lite mayo - but I do like the Olive Oil mayo!

My substitutions would change knowing if this was for cold tuna salad, or more of a tuna casserole? Only asking because you said elbow macaroni in the OP!

--- End quote ---

A cold salad with cold macaroni.

Update: I've been slowly getting use to the Olive Oil mayo. I've used a little of that with greek yogurt and a bit of lemon. I also like the vinaigrette with dijon and lime.

Both are quite tasty! :)

even thought I really do miss my mayo. :-\

Thanks, everyone!

sweetonsno:

--- Quote from: Steve on September 07, 2013, 03:26:48 PM ---What I use in almost all my salads is: some oli, some (whine) vinegar, some lemon (or lime) juice, pepper and salt,   that is it.

What my mother used to say is: wise with oil, sparesome (stingy?) with vinegar. So I splash the oil and drip the vinegar in the salad.

--- End quote ---

That reminds me of one of the quote about the men needed to make a salad: "a spendthrift for oil, a miser for vinegar, a counselor for salt, and a madman to mix it all up." I'm not sure who said it. Maybe it's just an old proverb.

KimberlyM:
I use plain greek yogurt in place of mayo for everything, mostly because I can not stand mayo. 

I have a great pasta salad recipe that uses greek yogurt and a touch of red wine vinegar there's also some red onion and oregano.  It's awesome a fat free!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version