Author Topic: Rude gift(?) - unexpected live lobster delivery (follow up post 12)  (Read 5395 times)

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
Re: Rude gift(?) - unexpected live lobster delivery (follow up post 12)
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2013, 05:49:36 AM »
Is anyone else seeing banner ads for Lobstergrams?

Pen^2

« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2013, 09:16:11 AM »
In the late 80s when we lived in Italy my mother sent a box of Christmas gifts from California. It arrived on the 23rd. I put the box by the tree without opening it due to a hectic schedule.

Christmas morning we are opening presents. I open the box from my mother and reach into the newspapers she used for packing and SCREAM

My mother had sent avacados.  You ripen an avacado by placing int in a dry, dark spot. After weeks in transit I had put my hand into a nasty, green/black, goo.  Poor DS1 (4 at the time) was afraid to open any of the presents sent to him.

This reminds me of an episode of One Foot in the Grave... Victor can't sleep one night, so out of boredom he decides to open an old Christmas present from his annoying neighbour. He dislikes the neighbour, though, which is why he never bothered to open the present when it was originally given, a year or so ago. It turns out to contain a (now decomposed and liquefied) pet hedgehog.

Shea

« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2013, 03:17:16 PM »
My friend's fiance gave me a live lobster at our Secret Santa party last Christmas. I was not expecting something alive and was quite startled when I open the box and something moved. Then I was delighted because I love lobster and I have no qualms about cooking them. But it's definitely a know-your-audience thing.

If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, librarians are a global threat.

dks64

« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2013, 06:18:53 PM »
If I received a live lobster, I would be furious. Ain't nobody got time to drop everything and drop the guy back in the ocean. But I would, as lobsters are my friends, not my food  ;D