General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

Office Popcorn aka Why I'm the Worst Person in the World

(1/17) > >>

Rockstar420:
sooo what's everyone's opinion on office popcorn?? I had a colleague from another branch bring me some bags of microwave popcorn to the office as a gift.. I'm not going to make it at home (I have an air popper) so I made myself a bag at work.. aaaand everyone just went nuts like a kicked a puppy or something!!! LOL

I know its a faux pas to some -  but REALLY? In our office, we have catered lunches, people routinely eat at their desks, and lots of people eat take out or bring stuff from home, and I have to endure their odours (side note: I'm pregnant, so that's been harder at some times than others  ;))So what gives? Why the double standard with the popcorn??

Harriet Jones:
Did you burn it?  Because that's an extremely bad smell that seems to linger.

TeamBhakta:
Burnt popcorn is dreadful. Plus there's always one person in the office who leaves the bag in way too long and then claims "I didn't know I had to watch it." And that lingering popcorn smell long after the popcorn is gone is annoying, too.
*ETA: I especially detest burned popcorn because our university dorms were evacuated for that on a regular basis. Smoke detectors love burned popcorn. And slick people sneaking cigarettes  ::)

Carotte:
Could it be the noise? 2 or 3 min ti undure is not that much but depending on the envoronment, when people are trying to work or talk.
What kind of remarks did you get?

Jones:
My office provides popcorn, as it is an inexpensive and reasonably healthy snack. Just don't burn it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version