General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

Office Popcorn aka Why I'm the Worst Person in the World

<< < (17/17)

Mental Magpie:

--- Quote from: veronaz on June 10, 2013, 07:21:50 PM ---
--- Quote ---The comments made were more along the lines of "boooo didn't bring enough to share??? rude!!"
--- End quote ---

Then smell wasn't even an issue.

I still don't see how not having enough for everyone makes you the worst person in the world.

--- End quote ---

I'm sure the OP was using hyperbole and a bit of sardonic humor to make a point about how her coworkers made her feel and how odd she found their behavior.  Obviously, that isn't your sense of humor.

OP, even if your coworkers were joking, it wasn't the kind of joke you like/respond to how they expect.  Next time just shrug it off; foods with strong odors are a norm and your office and no one should be made to feel bad about eating them.  I think your coworkers were being passive aggressive about wanting popcorn and their own jealousy that they didn't have any.  Ignore them, give noncommittal responses, and go about your day.  "How rude of you to make popcorn and now share it," may get a response from me of, "Are you going to share Whatever Your Delicious Snack is?" with a quirked eyebrow and no-nonsense face.  I may have also said, "I guess I'm rude then for wanting to eat my own popcorn."
OP,

lellah:
So here's a thing: people who work in microwave popcorn factories have an incredibly high incident of lung disease, including cancer, because of the weirdo chemical sludge used to make the butter flavor.  Of course, there's no compelling evidence that occasional exposure to the smell or the food itself has worrisome health effects.  But it freaks me out, and, as others said, the smell never ever goes away.  I'm soundly team No Popcorn in the Office.

Roe:

--- Quote from: lellah on July 01, 2013, 09:42:45 PM ---So here's a thing: people who work in microwave popcorn factories have an incredibly high incident of lung disease, including cancer, because of the weirdo chemical sludge used to make the butter flavor.  Of course, there's no compelling evidence that occasional exposure to the smell or the food itself has worrisome health effects.  But it freaks me out, and, as others said, the smell never ever goes away.  I'm soundly team No Popcorn in the Office.

--- End quote ---

I don't base my actions on another person's paranoia. That doesn't make me rude.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version