Author Topic: Have you ever...  (Read 476 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Have you ever...
« on: June 09, 2013, 02:12:23 PM »
Today, I am a little groggy from the aftermath of an allergy attack and I am still trying to get things done. I got up, got dressed, ate breakfast and started a load of towels in the washing machine. I caught myself about five minutes later, sitting in front of the washing machine and watching the towels spin through the window. At the time, I was thinking how ridiculous it was!

What are the ridiculous things you have found yourself doing, without realizing at the time?

Elisabunny

Re: Have you ever...
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 05:32:36 PM »
A group of fellow college students and I sat around for about 2 hours, watching a new lava lamp heat up.  We were neither drunk nor stoned, just all very tired.
You must remember this: a ghoti is still a fish...

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 06:54:29 PM »
After an accident, I was prescribed some very nifty muscle relaxers.  I had never taken anything like that before.  DH said I spent several hours petting a sofa cushion, commenting on how soft and fuzzy it was, and asking for those puffy Cheetos, which I don't like.

Add me to the list of sober people who has watched a lava lamp heat up...in all fairness, it is pretty neat to watch.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 07:01:21 PM »
I forgot what happened when I had to be sedated at the dentist. DH told me later that I propositioned him very loudly.  :-[

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 07:18:23 PM »
What are the ridiculous things you have found yourself doing, without realizing at the time?

While maybe not ridiculous, I've found my self at work looking at the clock and saying "Why didn't anybody wake me up for lunch?" when it's 1/2 hour or so after my usual lunch time.

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 07:25:41 PM »
I was given Darvocets at the hospital when I broke my hand.  I get loopy from OTC meds, so I have no idea what possessed me to take one, but I lost a whole day.  My roommate came home to me belting out Pat Benatar into a hairbrush while dancing wildly..thank goodness that was before cell phones or from the ay she described me, I would have been a YouTube sensation!

And I have been known, after I put younger DD to bed to absently sit on the couch and watch the cartoon station she watches for an hour before I realize I can turn it off.  Jane and the Dragon is kind of funny.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2013, 09:09:55 PM »
I was given Darvocets at the hospital when I broke my hand.  I get loopy from OTC meds, so I have no idea what possessed me to take one, but I lost a whole day.  My roommate came home to me belting out Pat Benatar into a hairbrush while dancing wildly..thank goodness that was before cell phones or from the ay she described me, I would have been a YouTube sensation!

And I have been known, after I put younger DD to bed to absently sit on the couch and watch the cartoon station she watches for an hour before I realize I can turn it off.  Jane and the Dragon is kind of funny.

I'll admit I did watch Jane and the Dragon when it was on.... I... don't have any kids.... >.<

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2013, 09:24:41 PM »
When I was in high school a bunch of us girls were going to walk to a neighboring town over 34 miles of winding and dangerous mountain road.  This was in the 50's and we were wearing the uniform of the time, tight skirts and sweaters and white slip on shoes we called "Bunnies".  Not exactly hiking outfits...oh, and we had nothing with us but maybe a candy bar.  All but two of us dropped out, and fortunately my godmother-aunt lived three miles out the road in a still somewhat civilized part of it, and we stopped to say hello.  When we told her what we were going to do she offered us a glass of apple cider (we were hot and parched and so it was the best thing I have ever had to drink in my life).  She didn't act shocked, call our mothers or chide us for doing something so stupid and dangerous, but just offered to drive us home.  We gladly accepted and after that every time she came to my mom's everyone would start singing that old song, "Ida, sweet as apple cider".  I don't think it had to do with our excursion, but it did fit.

I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.