General Etiquette > Family and Children

What constitutes 'sick'? (Childcare questions) Update #43

<< < (15/15)

SoCalVal:
While I think it does Bonnie a disservice to not be completely upfront with her about why you leaving now, I do think leaving on a pleasant note is the best option for you (not burning bridges).  However, I think if she asks if there were areas where she could improve, I'd be honest with her but in a "loving" way (as a PP stated -- let her know about the positive experiences you had).  Bonnie admitted that other parents are complaining, and she should be able to figure out from the talk you and DH had with her the other day where she's crossing the line.  I don't think she's quite getting it though and, since she seems to be something of a friend (unless I read incorrectly), I'd be inclined to let her know where things weren't working out recently (but emphasize you were going to move DD to another daycare anyway because of school coming up -- again, not to burn bridges in case you may need her in the future).

Lynn2000:

--- Quote from: SoCalVal on June 23, 2013, 01:13:53 PM ---While I think it does Bonnie a disservice to not be completely upfront with her about why you leaving now, I do think leaving on a pleasant note is the best option for you (not burning bridges).  However, I think if she asks if there were areas where she could improve, I'd be honest with her but in a "loving" way (as a PP stated -- let her know about the positive experiences you had).  Bonnie admitted that other parents are complaining, and she should be able to figure out from the talk you and DH had with her the other day where she's crossing the line.  I don't think she's quite getting it though and, since she seems to be something of a friend (unless I read incorrectly), I'd be inclined to let her know where things weren't working out recently (but emphasize you were going to move DD to another daycare anyway because of school coming up -- again, not to burn bridges in case you may need her in the future).

--- End quote ---

That's a good point. Maybe for now, emphasize the positive (Deetee's Option 2), and then in a few months, when DD is happily settled in the new place that you were always going to move her to anyway, you could catch up with Bonnie over lunch or something. If the conversation turns to her business and she sees open to advice, you could say, "Well, to be honest, there were a couple of times when I felt like you wanted a vacation day, which I totally understand, but it was inconvenient for me and DH, and not what we'd agreed on. Like that one Friday when you told me DD was sick and I had to leave work to take her home, and it turned out she was fine. And she was the only kid you had that day. I'm sure it's not what you really meant, but it came off looking bad for you..."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version