General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

Not the job for you, 27 minutes after the interview ends!

(1/8) > >>

ILoveMyCello:
Hi,

I drove two hours for an interview today and 27 minutes after I left, got a prompt "you didn't get the job" email.

I'm not too upset I didn't get the job, it happens. What I am pretty upset about is the fact I didn't get home before I got the email. She also had to complete interviews this afternoon. I feel bad for the people who interviewed then.

If this is the norm, I apologize. Personally this has never happened to me before. I've always
gotten notice within a week. Would it be appropriate to ask for feedback? I was pretty comfortable in the interview. I liked the school (this is a teaching position) and I thought the interview was going well, but I wasn't sure how I felt about the principal. I'm also a little irritated that her response was that quick, and she still had more interviews to do.
If I were to email her back for feedback, how should I word it?
Thanks

NyaChan:
OP, did she say the position was filled or did she say that you didn't get the job?

Cat-Fu:
Stolen from Ask A Manager: “I appreciate your time speaking with me about the position, and I hope you’ll keep me in mind if something opens up in the future that you think I would be a good fit for. Is there anything you felt I could do to be a stronger candidate in the future?”

The above is what I always say after an interview rejection. If it makes you feel any better, my quickest rejection was 5 minutes after the interview; I feel ya.

jedikaiti:
These days, I'm happy when I get ANY response.

ILoveMyCello:
The email and our conversation conflicted. She told me there was no second round of interviews and the email said "another candidate was recommended for a second interview". I thought the interview went pretty well, I'm a little surprised at the quickness of the rejection

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version