General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

Not the job for you, 27 minutes after the interview ends!

<< < (2/8) > >>

Wulfie:
 I walked in the door for an interview gave them my name and the front desk person told me thanks, but no thanks. It was clear that I was not physically what they wanted in an account rep. How someone was going to know if I was pretty or ugly over the phone, I have no idea.

veronaz:
Well, that was quick.  But job interviewing can be so strange and the selection process can be baffling.  I would put it behind you and move on.

I’ve lost count of the times I thought an interview for the “perfect” job went great and then got a rejection or heard nothing.  It’s also happened to a lot of people I know.  I also tried to follow up a couple times and get some helpful feedback, but they never answered.

Once I had an interview, then a few hours later got a voicemail saying they had selected another candidate, but they felt I would be a better fit in another department and, if I was interested, wanted to put me in touch to schedule an interview.  I was interested, the other job paid a lot better, and I was hired.

kakack:
It sounds like they had an internal candidate that they wanted to put into the position, but had to do interviews to fulfill HR rules.  This is fairly commonplace in my industry.  Which stinks, especially when you think you have a real shot at the position.

Slartibartfast:

--- Quote from: kakack on June 10, 2013, 05:05:23 PM ---It sounds like they had an internal candidate that they wanted to put into the position, but had to do interviews to fulfill HR rules.  This is fairly commonplace in my industry.  Which stinks, especially when you think you have a real shot at the position.

--- End quote ---

Or possibly just that they interviewed someone else earlier they liked better - they felt obligated to interview you anyway since you already had it scheduled, but they knew right away that they were hiring the other person if you didn't completely blow them away.  I wouldn't worry about it - it happens, and at least they got back to you!

WillyNilly:

--- Quote from: ILoveMyCello on June 10, 2013, 03:05:36 PM ---I drove two hours for an interview today and 27 minutes after I left, got a prompt "you didn't get the job" email.

I'm not too upset I didn't get the job, it happens. What I am pretty upset about is the fact I didn't get home before I got the email.

--- End quote ---

So if you had lived 15 minutes away it wouldn't have bothered you? Or if she'd waited 2 hours and 27minutes but the ay still wasn't over, then it wouldn't have bothered you? I just don't get that...

Its ok to be frustrated or hurt to not get a job, especially after a long drive to interview, but I don't understand why their prompt feedback was specifically the issue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version