Author Topic: Thank you notes question  (Read 982 times)

Seven Ate Nine

Thank you notes question
« on: June 12, 2013, 09:29:08 PM »
This is one that I haven't seen on here before.  If I'm repeating a past topic, I apologize.

My baby shower was last weekend, and I'm trying to get all of my thank you notes done in a prompt manner.  However, how to address one of the notes has got me wondering what ehell would do.

I know that every adult invited got their own invitation, even if they still live with their parents.  However, one mother/daughter couple gave a joint gift, and signed the card together.  If they lived separately, I would send two notes, but they live together.  Should I send two notes, or combine them into one?  If it makes a difference, the gift is a gift card. 

charlatan

Re: Thank you notes question
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 09:33:06 PM »
I would send one note addressed to both.

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 09:58:01 PM »
Same here.  One card for the both of them.

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 10:33:36 PM »
Ditto.

Isometric

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 11:51:03 PM »
I would also do one card for both.

I had the same issue with wedding thank yous -  three adult children and their parents gave a joint present (4 households). I did one per address.

Seven Ate Nine

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 07:28:35 AM »
Thanks! One card for both was how I was leaning, but I didn't want to cause offense by screwing it up.

earthgirl

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 09:17:46 AM »
I think the only time I did an extra note per gift/address was when the daughter wrote me a really sweet note and I wanted to thank her specifically for her words.   

fountainof

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 10:01:59 AM »
I would sent one card because they are in the same address.  However, when people live at different locations I think multiple cards need to be sent.  For an uncle's wedding, we gave a multiple gift and the TY card was sent to my mom.  I wasn't a student living at college, I was a grown 30 y/o woman with her own house and spouse and I got an invite to me directly but a TY sent to my mom.  I was annoyed.

cwm

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 02:28:26 PM »
Thanks! One card for both was how I was leaning, but I didn't want to cause offense by screwing it up.

Honestly, if I got a thank you card at all, even if it was a joint card with someone I had done a joint gift with despite living at separate addresses, I would still be pleased. They're hard to come by these days...