General Etiquette > Life...in general

Injured at store--should I follow up and how

(1/14) > >>

JoieGirl7:
Today I was browsing an import store chain.  There was a table topped with rough hewn wood and banded with metal.  I reached out to feel the surface and it ripped a small tear into my hand.  I thought I had gotten a splinter but it tore up a small piece of skin about and eighth of an inch wide and a half inch long.  It's on my hand just below my pinkie finger.

It was bleeding like mad and I found an employee and asked for first aid.  She took me into the back so I could rinse it off and put some bandages on it.  That was pretty much it.  She made a comment that "that was the first time that's happened!"

I hate it when people say things like that.  I didn't do anything extraordinary.  I just touched it as one would normally do when checking out a piece of furniture.

My trip was not for naught.  I had considered purchasing some teal seat cushions at their competitor for $24 ea and I found something very similar (better actually) on sale for $8.50 ea.

But, I am wondering if I should follow up with corporate.  The cut has been hurting all day.  :/  I don't know if i would say they owe me something for the pain I am going through, but I would at least like to know that they are taking it seriously.  The table needs to be sanded or covered or its going to bite someone else!

guihong:
This could get into legal territory.

I would see a doctor and get any report and receipts.  If you have any out of pocket costs, I think you're in the clear to pursue the store for those.

cass2591:

--- Quote ---But, I am wondering if I should follow up with corporate.  The cut has been hurting all day.  :/  I don't know if i would say they owe me something for the pain I am going through, but I would at least like to know that they are taking it seriously.  The table needs to be sanded or covered or its going to bite someone else!

--- End quote ---

And with those words you opened the door to a legal discussion, although that's not to say it wouldn't have gone there anyway. 

DavidH:
You can contact them, but I'm not sure what you hope to accomplish.  If the table was a display and it's that rough, then it should be fixed.  If it's an item for sale, then it would be useful to find out if they all are that rough or just that particular one. 

It sounds like you have a rather small cut, so I can't imagine going to see a doctor or anything like that unless I thought it had gotten infected.

If it were me, I wouldn't bother since it sounds pretty minor.

MariaE:

--- Quote from: DavidH on June 12, 2013, 05:48:06 AM ---You can contact them, but I'm not sure what you hope to accomplish.  If the table was a display and it's that rough, then it should be fixed.  If it's an item for sale, then it would be useful to find out if they all are that rough or just that particular one. 

It sounds like you have a rather small cut, so I can't imagine going to see a doctor or anything like that unless I thought it had gotten infected.

If it were me, I wouldn't bother since it sounds pretty minor.

--- End quote ---

POD.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version