Etiquette School is in session! > "Have you tried the bean dip?"

Flavors of beandip

<< < (2/2)

bopper:
combine them...

"So how do you think the weather will effect the election?"

MrTango:
OP, do you have caller ID?

If were in your position, I would start letting some of this person's calls go to voicemail.

ShadowLady:
Well, you could mention that the library is a good resource for movies and such.  You could wax enthusiaticly on that topic for a bit.

cwm:

--- Quote from: ShadowLady on June 28, 2013, 01:52:46 PM ---Well, you could mention that the library is a good resource for movies and such.  You could wax enthusiaticly on that topic for a bit.

--- End quote ---

Well, it could be that OP's relative just doesn't want to see movies and is using "They're too expensive" as a screen. I personally don't like watching movies, even if they're free. Since dating my boyfriend (10 months, I think) I've seen more movies than I had the past five years combined. I just don't care for them most of the time. I always tell people I don't see movies because it's too expensive because it stops most of the conversation, but it's really just because for the most part, movies don't interest me.

CakeEater:
We've had elderly relatives whodo something similar, and I don't know if it counts as rude or not, but we just start launching into stories about what we've been doing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version