General Etiquette > Family and Children

Birth announcement - a week afterward?

<< < (18/18)

fountainof:
I have a close friend who had some issues after birth and she stayed a couple of days longer.  We (the close friends) were called about the birth but not about the complications.  I was totally fine with that, no one wants to rehash the carp that is going on when you feel poorly (it was the mom with the complications not the baby) you just want to rest and recover.  My best friend was so hurt by this as she wants to know when something serious is happening.  I had to explain it really isn't something she can demand being told and when someone is ill they need the space to focus on themselves not worry about if their friends/family are informed enough. 

Personally, I feel it is stressful and a selfish thing to expect someone ill to overly concern themselves with your need for information.  My BFF means well but she can overstep.  When I had a surgery I told her she couldn't call the hospital and check on me as the ward didn't allow that.  She called anyway so I had my Sister call her just so I didn't have too as I was TIRED.

alis:
I don't plan on having more but I think I would actually do this next time.

My MIL started barking at me because she couldn't find the salad spinner when I had the baby 3 hours prior (yes 3 hours, not 3 weeks or 3 days), and getting annoyed that I didn't want to sit at the dinner table at 6pm (the baby born at 10am).

Depends on the family members I guess. The rest of them were fine but she was worth not telling the world for a week as word gets around quick...

LeveeWoman:

--- Quote from: alis on June 20, 2013, 04:01:01 PM ---I don't plan on having more but I think I would actually do this next time.

My MIL started barking at me because she couldn't find the salad spinner when I had the baby 3 hours prior (yes 3 hours, not 3 weeks or 3 days), and getting annoyed that I didn't want to sit at the dinner table at 6pm (the baby born at 10am).

Depends on the family members I guess. The rest of them were fine but she was worth not telling the world for a week as word gets around quick...

--- End quote ---

I would have kicked her behind to the curb.

TeamBhakta:

--- Quote from: LeveeWoman on June 20, 2013, 04:31:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: alis on June 20, 2013, 04:01:01 PM ---I don't plan on having more but I think I would actually do this next time.

--- End quote ---

I would have kicked her behind to the curb.

--- End quote ---

"The salad spinner ? Oh, it broke & we bought a new one at KMart. It's stilll out in the car. DH forgot to bring it in. Be a dear &  bring it in, MIL. Thanks ! *runs to lock front door*"  >:D

alis:
lol good thoughts! 3 hours postbirth I was not in a mindframe for anything clever. I'll write it down and use it again for next time ;)  >:D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version