Author Topic: A story of great kid behaviour!  (Read 1110 times)

workingmum

A story of great kid behaviour!
« on: June 23, 2013, 04:38:47 AM »
We had DD's birthday party at the zoo lat weekend, and I have to say... the girls were so well behaved! I had my misgivings.. I don't do kids parties, but DD (10) and her five little friends were amazing! I had booked a behind the scenes tour for them, they got to feed animals etc and then a "Hot dogs and Humburgers" lunch. Even the one little girl that didn't eat said very politely, "No thank you, I really don't eat much and I ate something before I came".

After lunch, we had a wander around the zoo and one of the parents joined us. Everyone had a wonderful time, including me.. who was totally stressed at the very thought of it all  :) My sister was amazing - she went on the tour with the kids while I organised lunch. The girls were so polite and had an absolute ball and they loved their goody bags (full of little stationery bits and pieces and some chocolate bars etc). 

So chalk one up for me, amazing sister, DD and her wonderful little friends! Next time DD wants a party, I wont be so terrified  :)
"I sold my soul for freedom - it's lonely but it's sweet" -Melissa Etheridge

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
Re: A story of great kid behaviour!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 06:16:52 AM »
How nice when a Birthday party for a child includes a nice present for a parent!

The tour sounds like a lot of fun and, at ten, the girls are old enough to appreciate the experience. 

Congrats on pulling off a winner. 

BTW, what is a 'Humburger'?

workingmum

Re: A story of great kid behaviour!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 06:25:09 AM »
How nice when a Birthday party for a child includes a nice present for a parent!

The tour sounds like a lot of fun and, at ten, the girls are old enough to appreciate the experience. 

Congrats on pulling off a winner. 

BTW, what is a 'Humburger'?

ooops sorry - meant Hamburger  :)
"I sold my soul for freedom - it's lonely but it's sweet" -Melissa Etheridge