News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• September 24, 2017, 08:01:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: inviting boys to a princess party - should I bother?  (Read 16946 times)

nolechica

Re: inviting boys to a princess party - should I bother?
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2013, 12:21:01 AM »
How will our children ever get past stereotypical gender roles if we parents keep reinforcing them. I agree with the others who've suggested throwing in a little variety with colors and ideas and running with it. I think it'll be a great time.

Exactly! My mother still worries about that stuff and I'm 30!

Craftymom

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2013, 04:54:44 AM »
Craftykid requested that I decorate his bathroom and bedroom in Hello Kitty, and he ADORES My Little Pony- invite the boys...

mechtilde

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2013, 04:58:07 AM »
I have two boys- one of the most sucessful fancy dress parties was "Pirates and Princesses". Although it was a rather more piratical affair complete with jolly roger cake.
NE England

lurkerwisp

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2013, 02:54:33 PM »
I had a party kind of like that in the first grade - but unicorn themed instead of princesses.  My very best friend was a boy, but all my other friends were girls.  He was invited, and we had a unicorns and dragons party, where everyone got to choose between unicorns or dragons or just go with both.  There was face painting and we decorated sugar cookies.  I still remember it as the best party I'd ever had to this day, and it was fun for everyone.  :)

mechtilde

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2013, 09:32:57 AM »
Knights! Great idea!
NE England