Author Topic: Sending a second cover letter  (Read 1508 times)

SPuck

Sending a second cover letter
« on: June 13, 2013, 02:34:45 PM »
I applied for a position on a job board website that I frequent in the middle of may. I both mail in my application and sent in one through e-mail because I was unclear about how they wanted the information sent. The position has been posted on again with the website. Would it be appropriate to send another cover letter/semi follow up letter with my resume. I'm still really interested in the position.

Seraphim

• The impossible I do every day -- miracles merely take a few more phone-calls.
  • I'm not short, I'm concentrated Awesome!
Re: Sending a second cover letter
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 02:18:24 AM »
An email wouldn't hurt, but to be honest if it has been reposted it usually means that the previous applicants weren't what they were after.

Does the ad say anything about 'previous applicants need not apply'?

SPuck

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 08:05:11 AM »
No, it is the exact same post expect it is clear that they want an e-mailed resume this time.

veronaz

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 02:56:48 PM »
if it has been reposted it usually means that the previous applicants weren't what they were after.

I agree.

CookieChica

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 10:01:58 PM »
I agree with what the others said. If you really want to make another attempt, I would really revise your resume and tailor it very directly to the job description.

Seraphim

• The impossible I do every day -- miracles merely take a few more phone-calls.
  • I'm not short, I'm concentrated Awesome!
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 10:09:21 PM »
I was thinking about this some more.

If you want to apply again, you need to send in a different/revised cover letter and or resume.

I would create a whole new cover letter and be careful to address all the selection criteria and send that in.

I wouldn't resend what they already have, as by the sounds of it your previous application wasn't successful.

Good luck!

SPuck

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 04:58:49 PM »
Okay, everything here sounds good.