Etiquette School is in session! > "What an interesting assumption."

You can't afford this

<< < (10/15) > >>

LB:
The examples from shops are interesting. We don't have many "high-end" stores in my area, but a few. I've gone in and browsed a few times in casual clothing and felt like I was being watched pretty closely or not taken seriously as a customer.

What confuses me about it though is I don't know many people who dress up to go shopping.  :P

Even if I had a lot of fancy clothes to wear, I'd still wear something casual and comfy to shop.

ETA: I've only just now realized how old this thread is. Sorry about that. Just browsing aroud the topic and didn't check the date.

ladyknight1:
We are buying DS a new camera for Christmas. His is very old and it is getting difficult to find the specific type of memory cards it takes. DH and I will continue to use the old one, and we are very excited.

I have only told one person outside DH that we are doing this and she (my sister) recommended we get a refurbished one instead. I mentioned that the warranty and bundle savings alone make enough of a difference that it is not worth it. I am glad I didn't tell anyone else.

Hurricane Marathon:
I did a little experiment when I was a teenager.  I went to the mall (the one with the higher-end stores) dressed like my usual slob self and the salespeople generally ignored me.  The next day I wore my 501's and my friend's Polo shirt (late 80's - heh) and went back to the mall where the salespeople all greeted me and asked if they could help me find anything.

I thought that was interesting.

TootsNYC:

--- Quote from: goldilocks on June 14, 2013, 05:25:36 PM ---The 4500 quote actually got DH motivated - he hired 2 teenage boys to help with the hard stuff and we did the lawn ourselves for about $1500.

--- End quote ---

Well, in a way he was right.

You maybe *could* have afforded it. But you didn't want to.

The money-saving urge that prompted your DH to do it himself for so much less is the same urge that has you guys living in your house and your neighborhood.

Miss Tickle:

--- Quote from: Hurricane Marathon on November 27, 2013, 02:43:15 PM ---I did a little experiment when I was a teenager.  I went to the mall (the one with the higher-end stores) dressed like my usual slob self and the salespeople generally ignored me.  The next day I wore my 501's and my friend's Polo shirt (late 80's - heh) and went back to the mall where the salespeople all greeted me and asked if they could help me find anything.

I thought that was interesting.

--- End quote ---

Yes, there's casual and casual. It's funny that two people can be wearing the same thing (sneakers, jeans and a white tee shirt) and one have spent less than $100.00 on everything and the other that on the tee shirt alone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version