Author Topic: My rude celebration  (Read 1949 times)

Bijou

• Super Hero!
Re: My rude celebration
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2013, 11:09:24 PM »
I remember playing a 'take over the world' type board game for 6 hours with my husband and a male friend.  I beat the pants off of them and was noisily smug and have not let them forget it to this day and that was back in the 1980's.  So, I find nothing rude about your celebration, at all.   >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Coralreef

Re: My rude celebration
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2013, 08:24:27 AM »
OP, I can really understand your celebration when winning against someone using outside help.  I probably would have done the same.  Just keep the gloating to a minimum after the event.

When Trivial Pursuit came out in the early 80's, one guy at the university student housing bought the game.  He would strut around and tell everyone how good he was at it, ALL THE TIME! Actually, in his mind, he was perfect at everything.  At one point, I told him to sit down and play with me.  I won (thank you Mme Curie) and it was a sweet victory.  He toned it down after that.  Strangely enough, he never asked me to play again.

[/right