Author Topic: Blank Emails  (Read 4220 times)

Girly

Re: Blank Emails
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2013, 09:11:56 PM »
I manage about 20 rentals, and there have been times I have started an email, and accidentally hit send in the middle of typing.

I have never just sent a blank email with a subject only.

ishka

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2013, 11:35:17 PM »

And yet, when he emailed her back, saying that he'd had a blank email, and asking if she had a query, she said 'everybody does this, it's a standard reminder'.

This is totally unprofessional and makes this woman sound like she is about twelve.  I assume her job is to ensure that information is communicated, not to condescend to the people she is dealing with or to educate them about what "everybody" does.  Clearly not "everybody" does this otherwise there would not be a problem. Her email was totally ineffective in communicating anything to the recipient; when this was brought to her attention she should have apologised not delivered a little mini-lecture on what she sees as being standard.

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2013, 10:58:54 AM »
Not everyone knows what (nt) means.  I have never seen it before and I would consider myself pretty web savvy.  I mean it would be pretty obvious once I opened my message, that the subject was the information I needed.

it's like using POD, that has a very specific usage, but is not by any means universally used throughout the web.

Remember, just because you (general) see or use an acronym or abbreviation all of the time, doesn't mean that everyone else does.

I agree. That's why at the place I worked, we made a point to tell new colleagues about the convention. (Nobody told me, but I figured it out eventually.)

I don't think there is any "proper netiquette" that everybody knows and understands.

And if the OP's landlady wanted to remind people--why didn't say something more sensible in the subject line, like "payment reminder"? Insert eyeroll here.

But, now the OP knows what the landlady's "secret code" is.