Author Topic: Seattle hotels and not being stressed  (Read 652 times)

Only me

Seattle hotels and not being stressed
« on: May 24, 2013, 02:22:32 PM »
Hi

I am heading to Seattle in a couple of week and could use some hotel recommendations.

BG - I am travelling with my mom and she's relying on me to do everything regarding organizing hotel, transport etc... And I'm stressed. I have asked her to look at some hotels she may like but she's not sure where to stay either (as in Part of Seattle). We are catching staying one night, catching a cruise and then staying a couple of days when cruise gets back.

I know the PORT will be near Pike Place, but what's the Waterfront. Are there areas that are closers or just a good. I would prefer a place with transportation to the PORT if possible. Would like to be able to walk to places to site see.

I have checked cruise critics and travel advisor, as well as a few  hotel sites. Everything is expensive (as in more than we want to pay but will suck up the price anyways).

Any recommendations?

Onlyme

nuit93

Re: Seattle hotels and not being stressed
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 03:36:24 PM »
Whatever you do, if the hotel has an address on Aurora Blvd, STAY AWAY.

Very seedy, esp. north of downtown.

Auntie Mame

• Live! Live! LIVE!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 04:06:00 PM »
Honestly, the light rail costs $2.50 and runs from SeaTac airport to downtown in about 40 minutes.

You can stay at a hotel near the lightrail station for way cheaper than Seattle and just hop the train.

I found this link about hotels near light rail:

http://www.seattlehotels.org/sea-tac/

Hear is the address for the station in Seatac: 17580 International Blvd, SeaTac, WA 98188

and the address for the station in Tukwila, which also has a lot of affordable hotels:
15426 35th Ave S Seattle, WA 98188

You can google map hotels within walking distance of the stations.

Have a fun trip!
Auntie needs fuel, black coffee and a side car.

JoieGirl7

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 04:39:24 PM »
Pioneer Square Best Western

I stayed there at the end of January and it was terrific.  The price was only about $100 -- I bought it more than 30 days in advance.  It's an old building that has been renovated.  It is a few blocks from the waterfront but several blocks from the Market. 

The only downside was that parking was up the street.

Bed was comfortable, the bathroom was nice.  Everyone was very nice.  They have a doorman.  It's a nice place.

Pioneer Square can be kind of seedy at night but this was a few blocks west of Pioneer Square.  For the money its a great place to stay.

Otherwise,  my favorite place in Seattle is the Residence Inn on Lake Union.  That is a bit farther away from the cruise terminals and a bit more expensive.  But, it is very nice.  Some of the rooms on the north side have a great view of the lake and a sideway view of the Space Needle.  I would live there if I could!

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 08:26:38 PM »
I highly recommend Priceline's "name your own price". You don't get to pick your exact hotel but you can pick the area and star level. And you an start your bids as low as you want (the catch is you can only bid once every 24 hours, so I personally recommend starting at 50% below the average you are seeing). If your bid is rejected no harm, no foul, nothing is charge to you or booked for you. If the bid is accepted, your hotel is booked at that price and all the details are sent to you. Since you are interested in a general area and low pries, its a great option. I've done it a few times and always been put in nice hotels.