General Etiquette > Techno-quette

It's my birthday - need some help with Facebook invite

<< < (2/2)

Molebert:
It sounds like a great invite :)

Just make absolutely sure that the group is private/closed or don't share your address details in the post so that other people outside your class can see them and decide to show up. In my circles, the address details is usually shared by "mass" PM separately or to the people who respond that they're interested in coming.

cwm:
If this is all on FB and these people are all your FB friends, they'll know your birthday is coming up (or at least when it hits). If you're wanting to make this more about hanging out and celebrating your friends, there's really no need to bring up the birthday part. Keep the cake in, and if people ask about it you can always mention it once they get there. That way there's no awkwardness over not bringing something.

Also, there's no need to apologize for not having cable. There's enough people that don't have cable that it's not assumed to be at every house all the time. By all means, mention the DVDs or chatting or a jam session, but I've always thought it was nicer for people to just not bring up what they don't have rather than apologize for it.

I agree with making the ice now. It's always good to have plenty. And if  you're not sure if you'll have enough, most grocery stores where I am have bags of ice for fairly inexpensive. You can grab one last minute if you need one, and then not have to worry about your ice trays at home for a while until it's gone.

Have a good time, most of all. It's all well and good to be nervous (I sure was for my birthday gathering a few weeks ago), but it all turned out well and I had a blast.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version