A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Music reccommendations?

(1/7) > >>

Delta:
BG: I have a cochlear implant, and am always on the lookout for new music. HOWEVER, "new" doesn't necessarily have to mean new in terms of age. In order for me to learn a new song, I find it on YouTube with lyrics and learn it, once I've memorized it, I can recognize it once its playing, but not until then. There's a bit of a learning curve, but its worth it.

The thing is - with so much music out there, I can sift through 100 songs a day just to find 1 or 2 I really like.

So I ask you - You're stranded on a desert island with an eternally charged mp3 player that holds only 10 songs... What songs would you choose? Any style/genre/period - I like them all!!!!

Acadianna:
I like anything by Jethro Tull.  Back in the "old days" before music downloads, when we had to buy the whole album, I knew I wasn't paying for just one or two good songs.  With Jethro Tull, I loved everything on the album.

PastryGoddess:
Congrats on the implant!

Anything by Ella Fitzgerald. 

I also tend to like groovy, loungy type of music so I like the Hotel Costes series, there aren't always many lyrics and they aren't always in english, but it's my writing music

I'm a big fan of Putumayo world music as well.  I think I have all of their CD's burned to itunes and in a large playlist

NyaChan:
For something more recent, I would get Adele's XI album - I know it may seem overplayed/overhyped, but if it is fresh to you, I'd recommend it as some really nice music.

snowdragon:
If you like Celtic I highly recommend the Barra MacNeils. Anything by them is wonderful.

Also worth listening to are Great Big Sea, David Myles,  the Sons of Maxwell, Don Carroll's solo album is good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version