Author Topic: Potato Chips!  (Read 5316 times)

BB-VA

Re: Potato Chips!
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2013, 10:00:27 PM »
Best chips ever:  Rt. 11 Potato Chips

http://www.rt11.com/

Not available everywhere but they do ship.  The Dill Pickle Chips are great, and if you like hot stuff, my husband says the Mama Zuma's Revenge are just the thing.  If you are ever in the Shenandoah Valley, you can stop by the factory and watch them being made. 

Actually, every flavor I have tried has been excellent (but I stay away from Mama Zuma).
"The Universe puts us in places where we can learn. They are never easy places, but they are right. Wherever we are, it's the right place and the right time. Pain that sometimes comes is part of the process of constantly being born."
- Delenn to Sheridan: "Babylon 5 - Distant Star"

veronaz

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2013, 10:03:48 PM »
Rt. 11 Potato Chips

Hmm, never heard of these.  Thanks BB-VA!  Sounds yummy!  :)

Amara

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2013, 10:10:28 PM »
Umm, some of those flavors sound wonderful! I like the salt and vinegar ones and I especially like the basil and tomato ones. I used to like the sour cream and onion ones but those seem kind of bland to me. If they upped the amount of the flavoring they would be great.

Funny how much I love potato chips but despise cake (and its relations, cupcakes, brownies, etc.).

snowdragon

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2013, 10:10:56 PM »
Cool Ranch Doritos

I had these when I was in the states.  They need to be imported here.

Katy where are you?

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2013, 10:17:32 PM »
Salt and vinegar, but not too vinegary. some of them are.

For basic, plain Utz. I remember, back in the 80's Food and Wine magazine, which my dad got, named Utz the best chips in the US. and at the time you could only get them in the general area of PA where they were made. thankfully, now they're available here in NJ!

I like trying other fancy flavors. Just bought some cheddar horseradish from Trader Joes. while they are a bit spicy, they are delicious! i ate a farily large bag in 2 days.

Amara

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2013, 10:20:50 PM »
The best chips I ever had were the real Maui potato chips. There are numerous imitations but if you can get the real thing--only sold in Hawaii--they are deliciously salty and greasy. Perfect!

cass2591

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2013, 10:24:27 PM »
Wow....meaning what?  Do you have something to contribute?  Did you want to talk about other snacks?  Maybe you can start a thread.  Meanwhile, some of us are enjoying discussing potato chips.

You really had to be so rude over potato chips? Just because you start a thread doesn't mean you own it.
There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. ~ Mark Twain

Adopting a pet won't change the world, but it will change the world for that pet.

katycoo

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2013, 10:37:18 PM »
Cool Ranch Doritos

I had these when I was in the states.  They need to be imported here.

Katy where are you?

Sydney, Australia.  I've not seen them here.  They may be in speciality stoes but not anywhere common.

Kaypeep

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2013, 10:51:31 PM »
So much love for the dill pickle potato chips.  Hmmmm.... I've been avoiding these but now I might have to give them a try!

My BF loves Cape Cod Kettle Salt and Vinegar chips, he won't settle for any other brand of S&V chips and I must say they have grown on me.  I'm a bit of a traditionalist in that I love regular flavor UTZ chips, with onion dip made from sour cream and Lipton onion soup mix.  I prefer other snack chips over potato chips to eat, and usually only buy pc's if I'm craving onion dip, or, to put them on a sandwich.  (fresh roast beef with cheese and potato chips, and horseradish cream sauce. MMMMMM)

veronaz

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2013, 10:58:09 PM »
I had some tasty potato chips at a friend's house..think they were called salt & pepper and I don't know the brand.

I rarely dip my chips; almost never buy dip and never make it.

pharmagal

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2013, 04:52:29 AM »
Bluebirds Murphy's Thick Cut Salt & Vinegar or Honey Mustard.  Can't beat em!

Unless of course you wave a pack of Rashuns under my nose, then all bets are off. 

Pen^2

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2013, 06:48:05 AM »
Homemade potato chips... They are sooo annoying to make, but when I do make them... heavenly.

TylerBelle

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2013, 07:02:21 AM »
But I recently tried Lays Dill Pickle  - very yummy!  Not as strong as saltínívinegar.  They really taste like dill pickles!

mmmmmm-- dill pickle chips (mouth starting to water)!

I've heard of people going to extremes to get their hands on Ketchup flavored chips, which appear to have extremely limited availability here in the US. I've never tried them myself.

I love Herr's Ketchup Chips!! But alas, as you mentioned, they seem to be scarce. Once I find them in a store, I try to get as many bags as I can for there's a really good chance upon returning, they won't have them any longer.

Otherwise, I'm a BBQ potato chip fiend. Most any brand, but especially Lay's in the wavy variety. Zapp's Crawtators are also good.
Always be on the lookout for wonder. --E.B. White

pharmagal

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2013, 08:22:54 AM »
Please forgive an foreign question, but aren't twinkies similar snacks?  My knowledge of American foods is pretty low.

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2013, 08:33:05 AM »
Please forgive an foreign question, but aren't twinkies similar snacks?  My knowledge of American foods is pretty low.

Twinkies were sweet not potato chips. They were tasteless vanilla sponge with cream filling. I hated them. (The company that made them went belly up.)