Author Topic: Potato Chips!  (Read 5955 times)

Kiara

• My dragons!
Re: Potato Chips!
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2013, 09:10:26 AM »
Cheddar & Onion.  Every time I go to England/Ireland I scarf them down, then bring a couple little bags home.  Soooooooooo good.

Back home....gotta love the Utz Crab Chip variety.  With Old Bay.   ;D

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2013, 09:28:13 AM »
I had a very difficult time finding plain chips in China.  Never did find plain ones and I looked.  I was upset because I had a craving, but now I regret not trying the cucumber flavored chips as I've never found them anywhere else ;D

TheBardess

• I would not, could not with a goat...
    • Books in My Head
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2013, 09:30:38 AM »
Please forgive an foreign question, but aren't twinkies similar snacks?  My knowledge of American foods is pretty low.

Twinkies were sweet not potato chips. They were tasteless vanilla sponge with cream filling. I hated them. (The company that made them went belly up.)

Gonna be honest- I loved Twinkies. Although I was more partial to the cream-filled cupcakes Hostess made. Whenever I came home from school for break, my mom would ask if there was anything special she could get me from the store and I always asked for Hostess cupcakes. Mmmmmm... Darn it, now I want some!!!

When it comes to potato chips, I'm not a huge fan of flavors. I like original and salt and vinegar and that's about it. I know, I know, I'm boring :)
"Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies DO divert me, I own- and I laugh at them whenever I can." -Jane Austen

Literary Adventures! http://thebooksinmyhead.blogspot.com

IDriveADodgeStratus

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2013, 09:46:34 AM »
Please forgive an foreign question, but aren't twinkies similar snacks?  My knowledge of American foods is pretty low.

Twinkies were sweet not potato chips. They were tasteless vanilla sponge with cream filling. I hated them. (The company that made them went belly up.)

Gonna be honest- I loved Twinkies. Although I was more partial to the cream-filled cupcakes Hostess made. Whenever I came home from school for break, my mom would ask if there was anything special she could get me from the store and I always asked for Hostess cupcakes. Mmmmmm... Darn it, now I want some!!!

When it comes to potato chips, I'm not a huge fan of flavors. I like original and salt and vinegar and that's about it. I know, I know, I'm boring :)

Not boring. I love salt and vinegar but that's pretty much it. And Twinkies are the most awesome guilty pleasure EVER!

Love me some Cheetos, though!

pharmagal

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2013, 10:05:00 AM »

Not boring. I love salt and vinegar but that's pretty much it. And Twinkies are the most awesome guilty pleasure EVER!

Ok, I have now googled Twinkies and Cheetos.  If anyone would like to send me a care parcel of either, or both, then please PM me for my address.  The Cheetos look similar to Twisties.   The Rashuns I mentioned earlier are like a smoky bacon flavoured style of Cheetos I guess.  And we all know that bacon equals yum.

veronaz

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2013, 10:17:55 AM »
I love Herr's Ketchup Chips!!

Never tried these but lots of people like them.  I'm not much of a ketchup fan.

Shalamar

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2013, 10:20:38 AM »
Salt & Vinegar are my favorites - the more mouth-puckery, the better.  If my tongue is raw and numb after eating them, I figure I'm on to a good thing.  :)

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2013, 10:21:40 AM »
I love Lay's Classic.

And I a grateful beyond words that almost all potato chips are a gluten-free food!!!!

Girly

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2013, 10:21:47 AM »
Little Debbie has some twinkies now. They aren't the same, but they are close. I really liked the twinkies that had the Strawberry filling in them, along with the cream.

Girly

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2013, 10:22:19 AM »
Best chips ever:  Rt. 11 Potato Chips

http://www.rt11.com/

Not available everywhere but they do ship.  The Dill Pickle Chips are great, and if you like hot stuff, my husband says the Mama Zuma's Revenge are just the thing.  If you are ever in the Shenandoah Valley, you can stop by the factory and watch them being made. 

Actually, every flavor I have tried has been excellent (but I stay away from Mama Zuma).

These are available where I am, and I agree.... Wow are these good!

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2013, 10:29:51 AM »

Tasteless?  No way!  They were delicious sponge cake with cream filling.  And rumor is that the company has been purchased and they will be in production again soon. 

TheBardess

• I would not, could not with a goat...
    • Books in My Head
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2013, 10:57:40 AM »

Ok, I have now googled Twinkies and Cheetos.  If anyone would like to send me a care parcel of either, or both, then please PM me for my address.  The Cheetos look similar to Twisties.   The Rashuns I mentioned earlier are like a smoky bacon flavoured style of Cheetos I guess.  And we all know that bacon equals yum.

We need bacon flavored potato chips!!!
"Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies DO divert me, I own- and I laugh at them whenever I can." -Jane Austen

Literary Adventures! http://thebooksinmyhead.blogspot.com

wheeitsme

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2013, 11:34:08 AM »
I just want to admit that ever since I visited Great Britain, I am so very jealous of your variety of potato chip flavors. I enjoyed the roasted chicken and herb.

heartmug

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2013, 11:46:49 AM »
Cool Ranch Doritos

I apologize. I realize these are not "potato" chips.  I guess when I read it I thought of my favorite chips right away.  Sorry.
The trouble is not that the world is full of fools, it's just that lightening isn't distributed right.  - Mark Twain

NyaChan

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2013, 11:49:26 AM »
Cool Ranch Doritos

I apologize. I realize these are not "potato" chips.  I guess when I read it I thought of my favorite chips right away.  Sorry.

I like those too :)  Sometimes with vanilla frosting.