Author Topic: Potato Chips!  (Read 5844 times)

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: Potato Chips!
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2013, 11:51:42 AM »
Cool Ranch Doritos

I apologize. I realize these are not "potato" chips.  I guess when I read it I thought of my favorite chips right away.  Sorry.

I like those too :)  Sometimes with vanilla frosting.

I love vanilla frosting with Pringles. It's the only place I'm willing to eat canned frosting.
But no more Pringles for me, and regular chips aren't as good w/ frosting somehow.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2013, 11:54:51 AM »
My favourite right now is a store brand kettle style chip - lime and black pepper.  They also make a sea salt and malt vinegar version that is almost as good as Miss Vickies.

I love salt and vinegar and dill pickle chips but I've found lately that the major manufacturers (Lays, I'm looking at you!) have cut way back on the flavour and aren't nearly as good as they used to be.

Doritos makes a dill pickle version; the name implies that they are heavily dill pickle flavoured.  So I thought I'd try them and I was very dissappointed.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

magicdomino

« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2013, 12:05:15 PM »
I don't particularly like potato chips, preferring corn chips, but I will make an exception for Rt 11 Chesapeake Crab flavor or Dirty Potato Chips Sea Salt and Black Pepper if I'm eating a sandwich.

Tastykake has a new Twinkie version now, as well as a Hostess Cupcake imitator.  I'm looking for Snoballs, myself.

jmarvellous

« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2013, 12:35:57 PM »
I'll pick tortilla over potato any day of the week (and fries over chips), but Kettle brand Spicy Thai chips are so very good (and not very common, fortunately)!

Otherwise,  Baked Lays or Sun Chips (do those count?), please.

audrey1962

« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2013, 12:40:42 PM »
I eat potato chips occasionally, but my real weakness is popcorn.

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2013, 12:47:50 PM »
I can't remember the brand, but there are some chips made from hummus that are super yummy!

Girly

« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2013, 12:48:13 PM »
I'll pick tortilla over potato any day of the week (and fries over chips), but Kettle brand Spicy Thai chips are so very good (and not very common, fortunately)!

Otherwise,  Baked Lays or Sun Chips (do those count?), please.

Black Bean and Garlic Tostitos are FANTASTIC!!!!!! I can eat those just plain - though they are also excellent with guac!

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2013, 12:50:17 PM »
Has anybody here ever tried the Chip-Tastic?  It's a "as seen on TV" product to make homemade chips.  I haven't because I don't like to spend money, but am really curious about the texture, how it taste, etc.

magicdomino

« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2013, 12:54:21 PM »
Never heard of it, but potato chips aren't that difficult to make.  The trickiest part is slicing the potatoes thin enough, so you need a good mandoline for slicing, and a deep fat fryer of some sort for frying.  Oh, and potatoes.   ;)

Amara

« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2013, 01:22:18 PM »
I enjoyed the roasted chicken and herb.

My favourite right now is a store brand kettle style chip - lime and black pepper.

Oh, oh, oh. *swoons* Must have both . . .

Shalamar

« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2013, 01:32:26 PM »
Does Great Britain still have Bovril flavoured crisps?  I remember those fondly from my visit in 1976.

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2013, 01:37:04 PM »
Never heard of it, but potato chips aren't that difficult to make.  The trickiest part is slicing the potatoes thin enough, so you need a good mandoline for slicing, and a deep fat fryer of some sort for frying.  Oh, and potatoes.   ;)

The thing is that the product is made for the microwave.  No oil so it's less fattening.  I'm trying to imagining a crunchy tasty chip from the microwave and wonder if their claims are true.  I should look up online reviews but I got lazy and distracted ::).

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2013, 01:59:13 PM »
My favourite right now is a store brand kettle style chip - lime and black pepper.

Oh, oh, oh. *swoons* Must have both . . .

How close are you to the Canadian border?  The lime and black pepper ones are sold at Metro (used to be A&P or Dominion or Ultramart), at least here in Central Ontario.  They have a definite kick from the pepper.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Amara

« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2013, 02:08:35 PM »
Alas, not close enough.

Maybe we should all get together and agree to send each other what we like and can't get at home.  >:D

snowdragon

« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2013, 02:44:48 PM »
Where are you, Amara?