Author Topic: Potato Chips!  (Read 6070 times)

Amara

Re: Potato Chips!
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2013, 03:34:31 PM »
Santa Barbara, California.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2013, 03:45:05 PM »
My friends that live in Glendale are moving to France for a year so I won't be back to California until 2015, at the earliest.  But if we are both still on board here by then, we'll talk.   ;D
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

magicdomino

« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2013, 03:45:53 PM »
Has anybody here ever tried the Chip-Tastic?  It's a "as seen on TV" product to make homemade chips.  I haven't because I don't like to spend money, but am really curious about the texture, how it taste, etc.

Reviews from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Ronco-Chip-Tastic-Microwave-Potato-Maker/product-reviews/B00BHLBL0E

Sounds like it dries the potato slices as much as cooking them. If you like baked potato and tortilla chips, it would be okay, but a snack chip lover would be disappointed.

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2013, 03:53:49 PM »
I love, love LOVE Downey's potato chips from Michigan, wish they were available here in Canada! If you are in Canada and want a GOOD dill pickle chip, pick up Simply Food Sour Cream and Dill Pickle ripple chips from Shoppers Drug Mart, the sour cream really gives it a kick! I love the occasional salt and vinegar chips myself, I miss the Lays Salt and Vinegar Ruffles, wish they hadn't discontinued them.

thedudeabides

« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2013, 12:40:49 PM »
Cool Ranch Doritos

I'm not a huge Cool Ranch fan, but I love the Spicy Nacho and Spicy Sweet Chili.

Curious Cat

« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2013, 06:22:09 PM »
Cool Ranch Doritos

I'm not a huge Cool Ranch fan, but I love the Spicy Nacho and Spicy Sweet Chili.

The Dude, you're my hero! I'm the only person I know who doesn't really care for Cool Ranch Doritios, to hear my friends talk you'd think I wouldn't let them eat them either.  If anything I'd think they'd be happy that that means more for them!

I'm a tortilla's girl myself.

TaurusGirl

« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2013, 06:39:09 PM »
Another canuck chiming in here - Old Dutch chips! *swoon* They're made in Manitoba (my province :)) and are my absolute favourite! They basic flavours: original, s&v, ketchup (I did NOT know that the US doesn't have ketchup chips!), BBQ, dill pickle... and then you get into the Dutch Crunch kettle chips! Onion & smoked gouda, jalapeno cheese, lime and black pepper....
*drooling*

Chips are my weakness. And if any non-Canadian members would like to try them, I will happily send a care package, since most flavours also come in small 70-gram bags!

Shalamar

« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2013, 09:06:02 PM »
Hi, fellow Manitoban!   *waves*. Old Dutch are awesome.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2013, 09:28:55 PM »
I suddenly find myself wanting to live in canada now...

thedudeabides

« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2013, 10:40:19 PM »
Cool Ranch Doritos

The Dude, you're my hero! I'm the only person I know who doesn't really care for Cool Ranch Doritios, to hear my friends talk you'd think I wouldn't let them eat them either.  If anything I'd think they'd be happy that that means more for them!

I'm a tortilla's girl myself.

Cool Ranch dislikers, unite!

I've gotten fond of the tortilla chips with a Hint of Lime.  Not sure why, but they just seem to make flavor explode in my mouth.

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2013, 11:31:56 PM »
TaurusGirl those Onion and smoked gouda ones are delicious.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

HoneyBee42

« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2013, 12:49:39 AM »
I really like the Terra exotic vegetable chips.

For potato chips, I prefer the classic (Lay's, no ridges), but they also had a really good flavor I haven't been able to find, Carolina Barbecue which was the best BBQ flavor

Amara

« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2013, 02:21:07 AM »
Darn all of you to heck! I have been thinking about potato chips for a couple of days now and tonight, when I had to make a special trip to the market for cat food, picked up two bags of the salt and vinegar ones. Umm! Went well with the nonfat milk I also got.  ::)

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2013, 09:37:36 AM »
Utz makes a plain chip with no salt added.  It's perfect with a dip or as an ingredient in a tuna casserole. 

Also, it's not quite a potato chip but 'Baked in Brooklyn' makes pita chips that are so good you want to rub them in your hair. 

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2013, 11:21:25 AM »
Would...would anyone actually be interested in a potato chip exchange?  We have some flavours here (all the Old Dutch ones, ketchup, etc) that I'm pretty sure can't be gotten elsewhere and I'd be happy so send some to someone who wants some.
"After all this time?"
"Always."