Author Topic: Potato Chips!  (Read 6623 times)

starofwinter

Re: Potato Chips!
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2013, 11:47:15 AM »
Utz makes a plain chip with no salt added.  It's perfect with a dip or as an ingredient in a tuna casserole. 

Also, it's not quite a potato chip but 'Baked in Brooklyn' makes pita chips that are so good you want to rub them in your hair.

Utz also makes one of my favorites - Crab Chips, flavored with Old Bay seasoning!  I also lovelovelove the Voodoo limited edition Zapps!!!

barefoot_girl

« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2013, 12:16:16 PM »
Utz also makes one of my favorites - Crab Chips, flavored with Old Bay seasoning!  I also lovelovelove the Voodoo limited edition Zapps!!!

Oh my word, those sound absolutely delicious!

The best crisps / chips ever,though, are Tayto brand Cheese & Onion flavour. They come from Northern Ireland, and are quite hard to find in England, but they are so gorgeous.

gmama

« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2013, 01:16:31 PM »
Another Canadian here.  I try to be good and stay away from the chips... but once a month (around the time Aunt Flo comes visiting) I really need a bag of Miss Vickie's Jalapeno chips.  That or the Metro store brand equivalent of jalapeno chips.. yum!

Craftyone

« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2013, 08:09:35 PM »
For the Aussies, you can try USA Foods in Melbourne, they've got a website and ship Australia-wide.  They do Pringles in a lot of flavours.  My favourite (and it always sells out fast) is Pringles Ranch.

Woolies sell Taytos in the "exotic" food section and you should be able to find them if you've got an English food shop in your area (Perth is full of them but I've moved to Canberra and I haven't found any yet).

New Zealand Blue Bird Green Onion chips are nice.  And one of the NZ brands does a bacon flavoured chip but I can't find it with a quick google.  In Australia Smith Crisps did have a special run of bacon flavoured chips but that was a while ago.

Scuba_Dog

« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2013, 07:19:28 PM »
Cool Ranch Doritos

I'm not a huge Cool Ranch fan, but I love the Spicy Nacho and Spicy Sweet Chili.

Add me in.  I can't stand the Cool Ranch Doritos - but I loved the Spicy Nacho.

I've gone almost all the way gluten-free and have found some really good 7 seed Tortilla Chips. 

I love the lime enhanced Tortilla chips!  Chipolte has great ones that are gluten free!  Tostitos has some really good multi-grain scoop Tortilla chips/scoops - but they have gluten, so I don't have those anymore.

Another type of Chip that's pretty good are the homemade roasted Kale chips! 
"If you are going through hell, keep going."
Winston Churchill