Author Topic: Party of a Lifetime  (Read 1084 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Party of a Lifetime
« on: June 19, 2013, 07:01:06 PM »
If you could plan one party to celebrate your life, what would it be for, and how/where/when would you like it to happen?

Kaypeep

Re: Party of a Lifetime
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 07:17:10 PM »
Can you give an example? I'm slightly confused by the questions.  If the party is to celebrate your life, what do you mean "What would it be for?"  Do you mean what aspect of my life?  What does this question mean?

greencat

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 09:21:34 PM »
I don't know what it would be for, but for me, the ultimate party would feature a groaning smorgasbord of delightful food - for everyone in my life from the meat-lovers to the vegans - and a bar fully stocked with fine wines, beers, and spirits, that encourage people to enjoy their drink rather than overindulge. 

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 10:26:18 PM »
I think I would throw a 'Just Because' party and invite all of those people who have been there with me the last 2 years, which has seen some of the darkest times in me and my DD's lives.  I would have food that would appeal to each persons tastes, plenty of great drinks, and I would tell each of these people how much their love and support means to me and the girls.

Only me

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 01:48:25 PM »
I like the idea of a "just because" party. That sounds like fun.

I threw a "blue" party once. Only stipulation was that you had to have something blue to get into the party. Poeple used their imagination. Best two things were my friend who brought the blue corn chips and the friend who said they were wearing a blue mood.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 01:50:01 PM »
The Sweetie & I recently attended a party for a friend who is terminally ill and wanted to be present at his own funeral.

We've decided that if we're ever terminally ill, we want "Not Dead Yet" parties!
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 02:35:40 PM »
We had major internet issues last night at home when I posted initially.

For my grad degree graduation, I would like to throw a very swanky party at EPCOT center (DisneyWorld). They have some wonderful spaces that are behind scenes, and I was able to attend one last summer. All dark blue fabrics, brass fixtures and polished wood, looks out onto the giant aquarium and the feel is like being on a yacht at sea.

I would invite some family, mostly friends and enjoy swanky food and an open bar with a DJ and dance space. Lots of fun, and no concerns about food or beverage running out.

demarco

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 02:39:22 PM »
I have a milestone birthday coming up.  I am going to be so old I can't even believe how old I'm gonna be.  It would take place on the beach.  There would have to be a huuuuuuuge cake and a pony and  ... perhaps the cast of Magic Mike could show up and do a few numbers. 

Dream big.

heartmug

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 05:52:47 PM »
I think I would throw a 'Just Because' party and invite all of those people who have been there with me the last 2 years, which has seen some of the darkest times in me and my DD's lives.  I would have food that would appeal to each persons tastes, plenty of great drinks, and I would tell each of these people how much their love and support means to me and the girls.

Love that!  It would be like "Thanksgiving"  ;)

I wish I could throw a party in one of the suites at a baseball stadium.  Dream big indeed.
One option in a tug of war with someone is just to drop the rope.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2013, 01:25:22 AM »
A birthday party.  One with all of the people I have ever enjoyed in my life doing all the things we enjoyed doing together.  It would have to be in a magical place where layers of time all exist at the same.  But I would be young, thin, gorgeous and popular in all of them.  My sisters might in their 60's or 70's but I would be 23.   :P 
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2013, 10:50:12 AM »
I'd throw a "Just Because Party" with a band and swing dancing in one room, gamers in another, pool table in a third, bellydancers in a fourth and fabulous food in a fifth. Preferably on a coolish fall night that's still warm enough people can swim in the outdoor pool or lounge in the hot tub. There's also a quiet room for the overwhelmed, with books and comfy chairs. And the party runs all weekend.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

mechtilde

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2013, 11:20:06 AM »
We're talking money no object here?

OK then I want a ball. With a theme, like the gold and silver ball, or a red ball, or something like that. In a stunning location with the finest foods and wines, an orchestra (the Vienna Phil will do nicely) amazing flowers, snowy white linen damask tablecloths and napkins, antique furniture, sparkling glasses... you get the picture!

NE England