News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 21, 2018, 06:02:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Anyone familiar with Philadelphia?  (Read 1134 times)

dietcokeofevil

Anyone familiar with Philadelphia?
« on: June 23, 2013, 09:00:06 PM »
We're on vacation next week and meeting some college friends and their children at the Please Touch Museum.  We're wanting to go out to lunch also, but are having trouble finding a place close to the museum to eat at.  We'll have 6 adults and 5 kids (ages 1, 2, 4, 5 and 11).  Does anyone have any recommendations?

snowdragon

Re: Anyone familiar with Philadelphia?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 09:45:14 PM »
I've heard good things about the Please Taste Cafe right at the museum. And I did a search on Foursquare, there are all kinds of places not far from there. Walnut St  and Chestnut have some good places, as I recall. And there are some good places in the Center City area.
  I'll ask my best friend who taught not far from there for years.

snowdragon

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 10:10:28 PM »
My best friend says

"There's a really good food truck at Belmont and Girard. Real reataurants are all over City ALve. Take Girard to Belmont, make a right. go to to City Ave and make a left. All kinds of Restaurant. If they like Chinese, Take Belmont to Monument Rd. make a right and go into the Pathmark Shopping center CHun Hing is there. Or continue down Monument to Target and turn into the lot . To the lefy are all kinds of restaurants"

Typos hers. :)

ETA: she also says that "If they turn right onto Girard from the PTM, the Zoo is on the right" 
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 10:12:52 PM by snowdragon »

alice

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 09:21:13 AM »
Dave and Busters is down the street from Please Touch