General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

Confusing response from big boss - update #21

<< < (5/5)

RegionMom:

--- Quote from: DollyPond on August 28, 2013, 04:27:50 PM ---
Today I sent the following e-mail to big boss following up on his request that we meet tomorrow or Friday:

--- Quote ---Would you have a time to meet tomorrow to discuss the [TCP Reports]?  My time is most flexible tomorrow.  On Friday I am having lunch with friends but can schedule a time before or after that.
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Dear Boss,

As you requested, we need to schedule a time before close on Friday to discuss the TPS reports.  I expect it should take about 45 minutes (30, 60), based on the information you had me prepare.

Which times work best for you? 

Th. 10am
Th. 1pm
Th. 2:45pm

Anytime Friday between 8am and 10:30am, with advance notice so I can arrange my meetings/filings/other reports

Fri. 2:15pm

Meeting in my office/conference room B/have your secretary set up the place.

OP

If two people say, "we need to meet sometime," then one has to set up times to have the meeting, otherwise, you get floundering. 
And it sounds a bit like you were floundering off with friends. 

Boss is trying to assert dominance, esp/ with reporting a minor TMI incident. 

That is why I had my letter for you tend towards submissiveness. 

Hope it all works out!

Tone in typed words is VERY hard to read! 

DollyPond:
UPDATE

So Big Boss and I met today at 2PM and there was no mention of the TMI of my e-mail. 

I am now thinking that maybe the "speaking to" came from the supervisor only (even though she did deflect it to him) as my e-mail was probably forwarded to her in order to schedule the meeting.  She may have taken it upon herself to find that the e-mail was too personal as she is much stiffer in her dealings with all Bosses.

I was confused because my usual dealings with Big Boss and others are very comfortable.

shhh its me:

--- Quote from: DollyPond on August 30, 2013, 03:38:28 PM ---UPDATE

So Big Boss and I met today at 2PM and there was no mention of the TMI of my e-mail. 

I am now thinking that maybe the "speaking to" came from the supervisor only (even though she did deflect it to him) as my e-mail was probably forwarded to her in order to schedule the meeting.  She may have taken it upon herself to find that the e-mail was too personal as she is much stiffer in her dealings with all Bosses.

I was confused because my usual dealings with Big Boss and others are very comfortable.

--- End quote ---

The boss may or may not have.  A minor correction like" tell employee her emails are a little too informal and include too much unneeded personal info."  I would have let it go after that and not mentioned it , it would be harping over minor correction.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version