General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

Delusional power freak at work

<< < (2/11) > >>

Shoo:

--- Quote from: alkira6 on June 23, 2013, 07:05:34 PM ---Why exactly are you letting this person question you?  They have no power to ride you, write you up, or direct your work.  The next time they start in just tell them that everything has been covered. 

--- End quote ---

I agree with this too.  Maybe next time he starts in on you, you should say, "You are not the boss.  Stop harassing me and pay attention to your OWN work."

Justifying what you're doing and explaining yourself to this guy only feeds his belief that he IS your boss.  Stop doing that.

MorgnsGrl:

--- Quote from: Shoo on June 23, 2013, 07:07:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: alkira6 on June 23, 2013, 07:05:34 PM ---Why exactly are you letting this person question you?  They have no power to ride you, write you up, or direct your work.  The next time they start in just tell them that everything has been covered. 

--- End quote ---

I agree with this too.  Maybe next time he starts in on you, you should say, "You are not the boss.  Stop harassing me and pay attention to your OWN work."

Justifying what you're doing and explaining yourself to this guy only feeds his belief that he IS your boss.  Stop doing that.

--- End quote ---

I like this. Or, "You're my co-worker, not my supervisor. Is repeatedly harassing me about your misconception of the facts really the best use of your work time?"

MrTango:
Next time co-worker starts criticizing you, I'd suggest a very direct: "You are not my manager.  Leave me alone."

PeterM:

--- Quote from: MrTango on June 23, 2013, 07:52:51 PM ---Next time co-worker starts criticizing you, I'd suggest a very direct: "You are not my manager.  Leave me alone."

--- End quote ---

I myself would add, "Either make a formal complaint about me or shut up and let me get back to work."

ETA: I'd also make a note of the exact time whenever he starts harassing you, and another note when he shuts up and leaves. If he asks, tell him you're calculating precisely how much time he's wasting rather than doing his actual job.

CrazyDaffodilLady:
Honestly, at some point I'd start singing the theme song from Malcolm in the Middle: "You're not the boss of me now. You're not the boss of me now."

to hear song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZuvmajj-wU

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version