Author Topic: extra Publicity Posters from a Band - how to handle.  (Read 3648 times)

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: extra Publicity Posters from a Band - how to handle.
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2013, 03:41:52 PM »
You have no obligation--not in the eyes of Etiquette and not in the eyes of Morality (my opinion)--to try to be "fair" to everyone who might ever be interested in these posters.

Don't make your life nuts.
Just put up a post that says, "I have these posters. If you want one, you have to make it easy for me to send it to you. Drop me an email."

and then just send them to whoever proposes the easiest way to send them. Your call--you are completely allowed to be totally capricious.

You can send one to Audrey bcs you have fond memories of a former roommate named Audrey; you can send one to the guy in Japan bcs he offers to send you something cool in return, and you figure even if it doesn't, you like the idea; you can give one to Pete because he lives near you and will swing by and pick it up.

They're yours, and there is no global requirement to do this in any way other than the way that appeals to you.

Of course, if you like the fun of setting up a contest of some sort, etc., have a good time!

Amara

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2013, 04:57:08 PM »
I handle my Freecycle giveaways like this: If you are interested in one, two or all three please contact me. I will allow 24 hours from the time of this posting before I respond in order to give everyone a fair chance to email me. Thank you."

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2013, 06:05:03 PM »
How about a band trivia contest, with the winners getting the posters and T-shirt?

Love this idea! ;D

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2013, 03:35:18 PM »
Sell them on eBay and donate the proceeds to the band.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

QueenfaninCA

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2013, 03:46:01 PM »

POD. Or to a charity the band supports (or that you support).

nolechica

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2013, 07:20:50 PM »

That only works if they are in a position to take it (not disbanded/on hiatus).

MrTango

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2013, 07:34:30 PM »
How about this:

"I've chosen a whole number between 1 and 1000.  After 24 hours, the person who has guessed closest to the actual number without going over wins.  Anyone who posts more than 1 guess is disqualified.

Go."

Possum

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2013, 02:34:46 PM »
How about this:

"I've chosen a whole number between 1 and 1000.  After 24 hours, the person who has guessed closest to the actual number without going over wins.  Anyone who posts more than 1 guess is disqualified.

Go."
Oh god.  I can't remember where it was, but someone did a contest like this only instead of "one guest per person," they said "one guess per post."  Someone tried to post all 1000 numbers, post by post.

I don't know how it ended, I think I noped right out of there.

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2013, 04:28:15 PM »

That only works if they are in a position to take it (not disbanded/on hiatus).

Then sell the posters and keep the money. I don't see anything wrong with personally profiting from the situation.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain