News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• March 29, 2015, 10:41:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 229259 times)

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #2070 on: March 25, 2015, 06:36:42 AM »
Dear Holly,

Things that are okay:
- you liking my shampoo
- you liking my shampoo so much you basically huff my hair
- you liking my shampoo so much you insist on parking yourself on my shoulder and nuzzling my head while purring

Things that are not okay:
- you deciding you like my shampoo so much that the only reasonable thing to do is to sink both sets of front claws into my scalp and bite.

I'm glad we've cleared this up.

Love, Me.
"Set aphasia to stun!"

spookycatlady

« Reply #2071 on: March 25, 2015, 08:54:34 AM »
Dear Icey,

What Mel the Redcap said to Holly. 

Sheesh,

Ladee Interloper

rain

« Reply #2072 on: March 25, 2015, 09:03:50 PM »
 :o  wait, so maybe my Ghost has been chewing on my hair because he likes the shampoo or conditioner?
In search of a tag line

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #2073 on: March 25, 2015, 09:24:56 PM »
:o  wait, so maybe my Ghost has been chewing on my hair because he likes the shampoo or conditioner?

Could be! I know it's one particular shampoo & conditioner with Holly because she only does this when I've used that one and my hair is freshly washed, still damp. When it's dry or I've used a different one, nada. If your kitty chews all the time, though, he might just have a Thing for hair in general. :) (Or pica. :P Is he Siamese or another oriental breed?)
"Set aphasia to stun!"

rain

« Reply #2074 on: March 25, 2015, 09:30:30 PM »
Russian Blue crossed with a stray

In search of a tag line

greencat

« Reply #2075 on: March 25, 2015, 09:50:35 PM »
My ex's cat used to do that to me.  He'd swat my head, get a hank of hair in his teeth, and pull.

My dear cat to him:

Dearly departed Duke,
I know I liked you better than you liked me.  That's why you were my ex's cat and went with him when he moved out.
Love,
The human you didn't like despite being the one that fed you.

Wintergreen

« Reply #2076 on: March 26, 2015, 03:53:42 AM »
Dear Oliver,

it's not nice to lie. The Nice One and I can actually have conversation in human language. So we do find out if other one already fed you. It's not use to first pester me to feed you and then hour later when the Nice One comes home go to pester him too. Even if he didn't see it, I can tell him you already got your food, and next food time is not until few more hours. You are not actually bone-and-skin, you will survive. Also, you have huge bowl of kibbles too. Eat those and stop pretending you are going to starve.

Thank you for your consideration,
the hard hearted one.

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #2077 on: March 26, 2015, 04:13:12 AM »
Dear Stephen,

Yes I know Mum's been away for a while and you haven't taken it well at all. This is why this time I sat you on my lap in advance and told you that I was off to visit the human vet-vet, an explanation that you listened to very carefully and with much dignity. Then you turned round and walloped Daddy with a paw, hard.

I'm not sure what you think he's done, but it was very sweet*.

Regards,
Mum
(*And very hard not to laugh in front of my indignant DH)

Firecat

« Reply #2078 on: March 26, 2015, 09:41:33 AM »

I had to stop using the Aveda Rosemary-Mint shampoo and conditioner while we had our previous cat, because he kept trying to eat my hair (didn't matter if my hair was dry or wet). I'd wake up in the middle of the night and he'd be sitting on the pillow, chewing on my hair (which was fairly long at the time). Once I switched brands, he stopped doing it.

gingerzing

« Reply #2079 on: March 26, 2015, 09:46:59 AM »
Dear Ruby -
Yes, your mama is gone for a few days.  I, again, am allowed in your house to give you your goosh food (with medicine) and change your box. 
And while nice that you greet me at the door.  Demanding a treat is rude.  Especially while I am fixing your goosh. 
Also when did you decide that you needed to follow me upstairs while I clean out your box and fill your upstairs water dish.  And yes, I got firm with you hissing at me while I was making sure I didn't leave the bathroom faucet on. 

Mama will be home tomorrow night, so you have to suffer with me yet again tomorrow. 
Seriously, if you would just let me give you pets or play with the string while I visit, you wouldn't miss Mama as much. 

~ the second class caregiver.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #2080 on: March 26, 2015, 10:21:58 AM »
Dear Spencer,

Why do you have to wake me up every morning with a performance similar to thishttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEg4SEch27w?

Your mother used to say that you were very quiet for a Meezer. What happened?

Love,

The one who doesn't need a second alarm clock
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

greencat

« Reply #2081 on: March 26, 2015, 02:12:23 PM »
Dear Feline Horde,

Why do you all follow me to check the mail?  I really don't need an audience or company.  I'm sure the sight of me walking with a half dozen cats around my feet amuses the neighbors though.

Love,

The Human

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #2082 on: Today at 12:32:58 PM »
Dear Mocha,

I'm not sure what the emergency was at 8:15, but I assure you that it was not reason enough to howl in my bedroom like you were being slain.
I came downstairs to check and you have food, water, and your litter box was cleaned yesterday. I will ignore any future howls.

Also, the brushing will not hurt you, it's removing the spare cat's worth of fur you have.

Sincerely,

Mom

Tea Drinker

• Now part of Team Land Crab
« Reply #2083 on: Today at 05:24:43 PM »
Dear Kaja,

You were an outgoing cuddlebug at the shelter, so much so that I hurried to tell them "we want to adopt her" before one of your other admirers could.

So why have you moved into the coat closet now that we have you and your sister safely home?

Love,

Your confused new people
Any advice that requires the use of a time machine may safely be ignored.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #2084 on: Today at 05:26:41 PM »
^Give them time. They will come out. I sit next to them reading or doing my own thing and then they seek me out for attention.

Dear Mocha,

I'm sorry you needed a bath, but the howls were that of someone being ax murdered.

Love,

Mom