News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• February 11, 2016, 02:59:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: S/O Beggars, Moochers and Scammers  (Read 1141920 times)

Twik

Re: S/O Beggars, Moochers and Scammers
« Reply #5070 on: February 09, 2016, 01:04:17 PM »
I wonder if that scam has been resurrected by the success of The Martian.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

nutraxfornerves

« Reply #5071 on: Yesterday at 10:25:34 AM »
I couldn't decide which was stronger--the moochiness or the chutzpah. I decided on mooching and chose this thread to post it in, instead of Snowflakes. It's the first story here The Latest Car Sales Customer Awards on Customers Suck. Guy comes into a car dealer and demands to be able to do a test drive of a very expensive luxury model, unaccompanied by a dealership person. The best way to do this is to let him take the car home for the weekend, and it must be this weekend.

The OP commented "Good news! There is actually a business model that caters to people like you who obviously don't want to buy a car but want to turn up at some social event big timing it about your new wheels. It's called 'car rental'."

Nutrax
The plural of anecdote is not data

snowfire

« Reply #5072 on: Yesterday at 04:14:01 PM »
Just got an email on an old Yahoo account that I am closing out.  The "From" address was from "wagsfamily@aol.com".
It purported to be from the Yahoo Mail Administrator stating that my account was full & I could no longer send or receive email until I clicked their link to "re-validate" my account.

Let me count all the things wrong with that...
1) Account is being closed out so I am migrating everything off of Yahoo.  Very little still comes there, but I'm not having any problems.
2) Clicking on a link in an unsolicited email...Nope, not stupid, not happening.
3) The Yahoo administrator has an AOL email address????!!! ROFLMAO   Don't think so...