Poll

Do you take your own bags to the grocery store?

Always
Most of the time
Sometimes
Never

Voting closes: December 23, 2014, 07:33:05 PM

Author Topic: Plastic bags or take your own?  (Read 1175 times)

bopper

• Super Hero!
Re: Plastic bags or take your own?
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2014, 11:20:35 PM »
We have some lovely canvas bags and some insulated bags that we use.

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #31 on: Yesterday at 07:51:38 PM »
I take my own bags to the grocery store probably about 95% of the time, since I bring them with me when I plan a trip.  I've forgotten occasionally, and they do provide plastic bags where I shop, so it's not the end of the world.  The grocery store I shop at never seems to know what to do with reusable bags and they always seem resentful about having to use them.  Which is funny, because I bought them at this store.  The non-freezer bags, anyway.  I like this store's bags because they have a hard bottom that folds up, and they are very sturdy and large and carry a lot.  It's great having 6 large bags instead of 12 small ones with unsupported bottoms.

I think it's because it throws off the bagging rhythm (yes, there is one :D). It really is like an assembly line and it feels strange to have something different in the middle of the "line." They shouldn't let customers know they're bothered though.

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #32 on: Today at 03:05:14 AM »
I sewed up some bags from some ugly but strong fabric I got from Goodwill, and the bags work great for groceries.  They're also great for trips to the bookstore or the fabric shop, because they hold more than the plastic bags.  One set is turquoise with orange-red flowers on it, and another set is brown with yellow chickens.