Author Topic: What.....wait, .....WHAT?  (Read 3747 times)

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
Re: What.....wait, .....WHAT?
« Reply #75 on: Today at 01:06:30 AM »
During the last year of my mom's life when she was battling cancer, my sister and I spent a lot of time with her.

While we were all watching an old movie together, my sister thought it would be fun to try and get her to open up about her early dating life a bit more and so shared some of her own "secrets" --kind of like a truth or dare type of thing "I'll tell you my secrets if you tell me yours..."

My sister was also really drunk at this point.  Her last question to my mom was how many men she had slept with in her lifetime.

My mom kept her eyes glued on the tv the whole time and my sister eventually got tired of trying to get her to share and rolled on out of the room.

I just stayed there watching the movie.  (I had no intention of sharing any of my secrets)

So, my mom and I are sitting there watching the movie and after about 10 minutes (since my sister left) my mother, without taking her eyes off the tv, softy gave voice to a number.

A rather large number, as I saw it!

And I was like "What?  What did you say? Wait, what?!!!!"    :o :o :o

She said "I used to have all their names written down..."

She said this while still watching the movie and had the faintest smile on her lips. We watched the rest of the show in silence. 

My mind was completely blown!

The image I get of this is positively *awesome*, you should know.  :D

JoieGirl7

• Super Hero!
« Reply #76 on: Today at 01:13:40 AM »
During the last year of my mom's life when she was battling cancer, my sister and I spent a lot of time with her.

While we were all watching an old movie together, my sister thought it would be fun to try and get her to open up about her early dating life a bit more and so shared some of her own "secrets" --kind of like a truth or dare type of thing "I'll tell you my secrets if you tell me yours..."

My sister was also really drunk at this point.  Her last question to my mom was how many men she had slept with in her lifetime.

My mom kept her eyes glued on the tv the whole time and my sister eventually got tired of trying to get her to share and rolled on out of the room.

I just stayed there watching the movie.  (I had no intention of sharing any of my secrets)

So, my mom and I are sitting there watching the movie and after about 10 minutes (since my sister left) my mother, without taking her eyes off the tv, softy gave voice to a number.

She said this while still watching the movie and had the faintest smile on her lips. We watched the rest of the show in silence. 

Thank-you!  She was quite the character.  She was also 76 when she died so when she was, um, dating, it was in the 50s!

She was a starlet on contract with MGM in the late 50s and met just about every major famous person there was--actors, politicians, scientists, civil rights leaders--she reminded me of Forrest Gump in that way.  She met every President since Eisenhower up to Bush I.

Soooo, really made me wonder who some of those guys may have been!

And I guess it really is a testament to her that she could blow my mind so thoroughly at that point.  After she died I found something else out about her that really blew my mind even more.  She was a master at keeping secrets.

dawnfire

« Reply #77 on: Today at 01:21:55 AM »
I found out recently that someone I've known since jr. high - we'll call her Sally (friend of my BFF growing up) is or was a swinger. And that she would bring guys home, and her husband (John) would watch!!! I also found out that this same friend had a fling with my very first boyfriend. While they were both married!!!!  When my friend first told me about her swinging escapades, which were common knowledge in town, as she would meet her "dates" locally, I was rendered speechless. Which is almost impossible to do. All i could squeeze out was "what? ewww! what? ewww!"

on a similar note, also having to do with scrabble habits - I was told, after our last HS reunion, that a woman who was in our class, and also attended the reunion, had a "side business" as a dominatrix. And that she had been seen out and about around the next town over (where a number of my HS friends live) with a guy (married) who happened to run a pretty successful business, so he knew a lot of people, and was also known to a lot more.

My mind was boggled. I had actually dealt with him and his business a couple of times, and while I found him to be a bit immature and annoying, I would have never in a million years imagined he liked that kind of thing. Nor could I imagine her doing that and getting paid for it!

I thought swinging involved couples?

Usually it does, but some groups (organized or not) also welcome women without partners.  Almost never men, though, for some reason.

There are groups of men who see the swinging community as a source of cheap scrabble.  If groups would allow single guys in, they would outnumber the other groups (couples and single females).

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #78 on: Today at 06:44:34 AM »

Thank-you!  She was quite the character.  She was also 76 when she died so when she was, um, dating, it was in the 50s!

She was a starlet on contract with MGM in the late 50s and met just about every major famous person there was--actors, politicians, scientists, civil rights leaders--she reminded me of Forrest Gump in that way.  She met every President since Eisenhower up to Bush I.

Soooo, really made me wonder who some of those guys may have been!

And I guess it really is a testament to her that she could blow my mind so thoroughly at that point.  After she died I found something else out about her that really blew my mind even more.  She was a master at keeping secrets.

I don't know what it is, but I'm hoping that it is CIA... or KGB... or even better, CIA posing as KGB!
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-