Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 5616562 times)

Chip2

Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #29880 on: Today at 10:56:44 AM »
Me again, I guess....

So I'm at the grocery store laying on the Thanksgiving supplies and grab a carton of eggs. I'm checking for cracked eggs so lift each egg in turn and, as I check it, say, "Omelette. Omelette. Cake. Cake. Cake. Scrambled," and so on. When I finish, I look up and there's a little girl and her mother staring at me. I give them a twisted smile and move on.

Five minutes later I'm poking through the frozen turkeys and talking to them. "I need a thirteen-pounder. Have you seen one? How 'bout you? Nope, you're too heavy. Ahh! Thirteen point three four. You will do perfectly. What's that, Mr. Turkey? No, I don't expect you to talk; I expect you to fry!"

And I look up and the same girl and mother are staring at me and frantically trying to find something else to look at when I make eye contact.

"Yep," I said. "I'm crazy. Have a nice day."

Firecat

« Reply #29881 on: Today at 11:06:43 AM »
Me again, I guess....

So I'm at the grocery store laying on the Thanksgiving supplies and grab a carton of eggs. I'm checking for cracked eggs so lift each egg in turn and, as I check it, say, "Omelette. Omelette. Cake. Cake. Cake. Scrambled," and so on. When I finish, I look up and there's a little girl and her mother staring at me. I give them a twisted smile and move on.

Five minutes later I'm poking through the frozen turkeys and talking to them. "I need a thirteen-pounder. Have you seen one? How 'bout you? Nope, you're too heavy. Ahh! Thirteen point three four. You will do perfectly. What's that, Mr. Turkey? No, I don't expect you to talk; I expect you to fry!"

And I look up and the same girl and mother are staring at me and frantically trying to find something else to look at when I make eye contact.

Mom? Is that you?

Seriously, that is exactly the sort of thing my mother would do in the grocery store. I'd find it hilarious, personally!

menley

« Reply #29882 on: Today at 11:21:59 AM »
Me again, I guess....

Re: the bolded... I am so confused.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #29883 on: Today at 11:25:08 AM »
Naming what the egg's purpose will be. Chip2, I think we are very similar.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #29884 on: Today at 11:30:07 AM »
Me again, I guess....

LMAO!!!  The "I'm crazy. Have a nice day" reminds me of Granny Addams. :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #29885 on: Today at 11:32:04 AM »
Chip2, that is hilarious.  I don't think you are a special snowflake at all.  You weren't doing anything entitled, nor were you expecting anything from your out loud internal dialogue.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

wheeitsme

« Reply #29886 on: Today at 02:52:16 PM »
snip
That was one thing I didn't get - she said she was rear ended, so how can her not leaving space cause that.   She wouldn't be at fault there.  She shouldn't have left the scene, but a rear end is a,ways the fault of the person behind her.n

Actually, that's not true.  I once rear-ended someone and was found not at fault.

Chipmunky

« Reply #29887 on: Today at 02:56:00 PM »
Me again, I guess....

Sis, is that you?! I do the same thing.

When Evil Chipmunky comes out to play, I'll even tell boxes/canned goods that I'm sorry but they are dented/damaged and I really want the item that made sure his shoe laces were tied before tripping on his way to the shelf that morning.

Because, why not? It gives me a bit of private humor as I deal with the masses of people in the store.

The few times people have side eyed/made some kind of snarky comment about how the items don't talk back, I've gotten a huge, gleaming grin on my face and widen my eyes juust enough to look terrifyingly unhinged and say "but they speak to meee." Reactions and facial expressions to Evil Chipmunky's mischief should be documented...

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #29888 on: Today at 03:02:28 PM »
Heehee...I have got to do this!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

AngelicGamer

« Reply #29889 on: Today at 03:03:44 PM »
Me again, I guess....

Sis, is that you?! I do the same thing.

When Evil Chipmunky comes out to play, I'll even tell boxes/canned goods that I'm sorry but they are dented/damaged and I really want the item that made sure his shoe laces were tied before tripping on his way to the shelf that morning.

Because, why not? It gives me a bit of private humor as I deal with the masses of people in the store.

The few times people have side eyed/made some kind of snarky comment about how the items don't talk back, I've gotten a huge, gleaming grin on my face and widen my eyes juust enough to look terrifyingly unhinged and say "but they speak to meee." Reactions and facial expressions to Evil Chipmunky's mischief should be documented...

I have some long lost siblings!  ;D  Although, I've gone "not you, not you, not you... aha!" and apologized to the other fruit / veggies / boxes.  I mostly recently did it to the potatoes and I could swear the lady behind me was looking to see if I had a blue tooth in my ear. 

"Life's tough, huh?  And then you die." ~ Buck, the Magnificent Seven.

Gwywnnydd

« Reply #29890 on: Today at 03:56:12 PM »
I don't think it was just being a doofus, though. The doofus move was not leaving enough space and causing the accident. But she then stood across the street from the aftermath of the accident she caused and decided to drive away. That was not a spur of the moment thing, it was a considered decision. And a crime.

That, and the title of the article bugged me. There was a very good reason you went to jail, it was because you committed a crime.

Nine hours in jail?! She got off easy.

That was one thing I didn't get - she said she was rear ended, so how can her not leaving space cause that.   She wouldn't be at fault there.  She shouldn't have left the scene, but a rear end is a,ways the fault of the person behind her.n

She was turning right, so my understanding was that she turned right on red (between cars that were going straight on the road that she was turning onto). If she did that, and misjudged the speed of the oncoming cars, she might have pulled onto the road with not enough space for the car to stop.

I'm familiar with the intersection she described. She was turning from a single-lane, stop signed road, onto a multi-lane arterial which has no controls at that intersection. She was responsible for yielding right-of-way. The fact that the car behind her couldn't stop before hitting her meant she cut them off.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #29891 on: Today at 04:07:33 PM »
DD was driving from her home town to the doctor's office in the nearby somewhat larger city earlier this week.

We had the delight of not one but two vehicles (at two intersections) blowing through their red light while we had a green light on our street.  The one just before the hospital turn off, she said that she'd understand them running the light if they went to the ER ahead of her...they didn't.

It was scary - as she's pregnant, the older grandson was in the vehicle with us (same side that the two vehicles were coming from - if they had T-boned us, it would have been very, very bad).  I'm glad that she held off hitting the gas when her peripheral vision picked up the movement to her left....
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?