News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here:   

• October 21, 2016, 01:42:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is this a salad or dessert?  (Read 2393 times)

Re: Is this a salad or dessert?
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2016, 02:03:21 PM »
I was thinking about this the other day and decided I probably wouldn't like it very much, since I couldn't think of any examples of places where I enjoy raw apples mixed with dairy/pseudo dairy. But, then I went to a friend's house for dinner and she made a fruit dip out of marshmallow creme and cream cheese that was delicious on raw apples, so now I'm unable to predict how I'd feel about it again.

Guess I'll have to make some and see :D
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln 

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2016, 03:49:24 PM »
This conversation reminds me of the "wrap" discussion I had recently. A group was going to an all-day event where we needed to bring foods trending toward healthy. One person said she would make a wrap sandwich. The wrap she made was ground beef and cheese and sour cream and corn in a tortilla. But because it was a "wrap" she considered it healthy. A friend and I started joking we will go on a wrap diet. We will eat whatever we want, but in a tortilla. That's not a cheesecake/lasagna/chicken fried's a wrap!

So yeah, if anything in a tortilla can be a wrap, I guess diced candy bars in a sweet sauce can be a salad.

rose red

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2016, 04:40:16 PM »
^ HaHa. That's like the people who put fried chicken strips, bacon bits, cream dressing, and cheese on a bed of lettuce and call it healthy because it's a salad.

It's a salad! Salads are healthy! ;D