Author Topic: S/O Series that have been a huge disappointment - TV series  (Read 7664 times)

Isilleke

I love watching TV on the background, but there are some shows I gave up midway.

- Once Upon A Time: Hasn't been on that long, but I had such high hopes and I just couldn't force myself to watch any
                             longer.
- True Blood: Started out strong, but in the end I felt there isn't any plot to it any longer.
- Blackadder: I just don't get it.
- Weeds: They should have stopped way sooner.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: S/O Series that have been a huge disappointment - TV series
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 07:35:24 PM »
I once watched Grey's Anatomy because it was one of those Water Cooler Topics and I was curious to see what everyone was so in love with. Now, I will say I found McSteamy to be worth the hype, looks wise but then the writer's strike occurred and there were no new episodes for a long time.   I had already gotten sick of Meredith and wanted to smack her whiny mouth so the strike was all the push I needed to stop watching.

I also stopped watching a lot of the 80's and 90's sitcoms before they finished their runs.  Roseanne, Full House, Friends, The Wonder Years.   I recently found out TWY are streaming on Netflix and rewatched a few episodes this afternoon.  Remembered having such a crush on Fred Savage at the time and what's funny is my middle child's name is Kevin and I had to wonder if it was a subconscious thing naming him that since he does remind me a great deal of Kevin Arnold. :) 

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 09:19:44 PM »
Once upon a time - Didn't watch past the 3 episode

I'm a cord cutter. I find that I'm paying more attention to who is behind the camera and if I like their storytelling, before I invest in a show.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

Library Dragon

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 10:42:14 PM »
True Blood.  Veered way off books early and inserted too many storylines. 

Once Upon A Time season 2 lost me.

There are many others, but these pop into my cold addled brain.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

LifeOnPluto

• Super Hero!
    • Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 11:26:43 PM »
Anyone remember "Sliders" from back in the 1990s?

The first couple of seasons were fantastic. Then they killed off the Professor, and it all went downhill from there.

katiescarlett

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 11:37:18 PM »

The first couple of seasons were fantastic. Then they killed off the Professor, and it all went downhill from there.

I loved that show!  I own the first three seasons on DVD.  After the third season, I refuse to watch the show. 

Nikko-chan

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 11:50:27 PM »

I loved that show!  I own the first three seasons on DVD.  After the third season, I refuse to watch the show.

And the last season was such a cop out. I realize Jerry O'Connell didn't sign back on for the show, but seriously? Aliens? agh!

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 12:13:51 AM »
"Not getting" a show doesn't mean it's a disappointment. And I like Blackadder, particularly the fourth season and Stephen Fry.

TeamBhakta

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 12:34:11 AM »
The Dead Zone: Everything after season two's "psycho lawyer twins" episode was poorly done & all over the map.

Little Mosque: It went down the drain when Derek McGrath & Carlo Rota's exits were randomly thrown in. Bonus points for then turning it into "Yassir was secretly a self centered, mean jerk who doesn't care about his family or employees." ::)

I liked My Fair Wedding early on. But it got annoying once brides realized "I should really ham it up with the pretend tacky theme."

The new version of One Life To Live. Gah, it makes me want to stick a spork in my eye

I couldn't even make it through the first episodes of Prosecutor Princess (Korean show), Rev (Hulu show) or Miami Medical (Omar Gooding gave me secondhand embarrassment with "we're cowboy surgeons.")
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 12:38:46 AM by TeamBhakta »

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 04:44:40 AM »
Little House on the Prairie- we watched the first episode and it was so not like the books that I never watched it again.

MrTango

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 08:20:52 AM »
House.  After the first couple seasons, they started to do some really ridiculous stuff with the characters to try to keep the show interesting.

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 09:09:19 AM »
That 70's Show should have ended when Eric and Kelso left.

An oldie, Laverne and Shirley shouldn't have moved to California

Anyone remember Friday the 13th: The Series?  It's about two cousins and their older mentor trying to find cursed objects to keep the world from the evil.  It went downhill after the male cousin left.  They brought in a new guy, the the chemistry was gone.

Redwing

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2013, 10:22:39 AM »
My husband and I absolutely loved Quantum Leap, but the series finale upset me so much, I find it hard to watch it in reruns on SyFy.

MindsEye

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2013, 10:29:03 AM »
Warehouse 13

I had such high hopes for it... I thought that it would be like the big exposition/explaination of the warehouse of boxes at the end of "Raiders of the Lost Ark".  And it... kind of was?  But not enough.... and then there was too much interpersonal soap-opera drama, and too many random other characters pulled in, and I just lost interest....  I just wanted an action/adventure show!

X-Files. 

The first couple of seasons where it was a monster a week were great.  But then they started going off of the rails with the overarching conspiracies and the black ooze and I stopped watching when the interpersonal drama between Scully and Mulder got to be too much to bear and Mulder's mysterious past with his parents and abducted sister got to be too much to bear.... 

cwm

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2013, 10:30:34 AM »
My sister tried to get me to watch Lost. I watched the first season, but then missed an episode or two. And the thing is, nobody could explain to me what I had missed. At all. They'd try, but it was weird and vague and just didn't work out. If people who watch this show religiously can't tell me what I've missed in one episode, it's not really worth me investing the time in any longer.

X-Files really went downhill after Mulder left. I stopped watching it after that.

I'm sure I'll think of more later. My brain is tired this morning.