Author Topic: S/O Series that have been a huge disappointment - TV series  (Read 6355 times)

Perfect Circle

• Buy the sky and sell the sky and bleed the sky...
Re: S/O Series that have been a huge disappointment - TV series
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2013, 11:59:12 AM »
The Vikings.

Looks beautiful and all, but a tiny bit of historical accuracy would have made it bearable.

And some of the fake accents were just weird.
Maybe he's caught in the legend
maybe he's caught in the mood
Maybe these maps and legends
Have been misunderstood

The map that you painted didn't seem real
He just sings whatever he's seen
Point to the legend, point to the east
Point to the yellow, red, and green

LifeOnPluto

• Super Hero!
    • Blog
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2013, 11:36:41 PM »
Here's another one "Prison Break".

Season 1 was amazing, gripping TV. Seasons 2 and 3 weren't bad. Gave up halfway through Season 4. It had turned too silly and contrived. (I mean, they lasered off Michael's half-body tattoo within hours, and he was pretty much fine?!)

pwy a wyr

« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2013, 06:01:01 AM »
Justified.  Loved the first season.  Best theme song.  But Quarrles in season three is too much.  I've stopped watching because of him. There was no need to write him quite so depraved.  Hated him before I understood that 

Verloona Ti

« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2013, 11:11:43 AM »
Ray Donovan.No,  I haven't seen a single episode  as it premiers Sunday (and I never intend to watch a single episode ), but I have seen so many TV ads and online web ads for it that I already loathe it.

Once Upon a Time. I was soooo looking forward to it, hated the first few episodes, but I attributed it to a "slow start"...I quit watching it after the first season. DH loves it, but I will leave the room when he watches it-I hate it and EVERY character on it   and the scripts  that much.

Thought True Blood was OK season 1 and 2, dislike of the show grew season 3 & 4, haven't seen one episode since Mary Anne died, and couldn't care less about that ridiculous , silly, yet somehow preachy mess of a  show.

I liked Grimm for awhile-the complete story TV episodes, the Monroe/Nick camaraderie and chemistry....But in season two, the script writers threw away everything about that show I liked and ramped up everything I disliked : Monroe is barely seen, the atrocious Juliet character  is being rammed down the poor viewer's throat when she should have been written out, multi episode "story arcs" that meander and drag on and on and on ...Season three starts in October I guess, and  I couldn't care less. :-(

Justified. Heard great things about it , watched it -but the actor who plays Raylan Givens or whatever his name is seems to think smirking & grinning=acting. Very grating.

Eastbound and Down is being brought back AGAIN. :-( They promised us the most recent season was the last, but no, here comes Kenny Powers AGAIN. His show was funny and witty for the first few episodes of the first season, but it's a one-joke show that dragged itself out way past its expiration date.

Enjoyed season 1 of Game of Thrones, bought the first 4 books, read them-HATED the books so much I didn't bother with any other seasons .

The Borgias has been cancelled-there won't be a season 4, which would have wrapped up the story with the multi state conquests of Cesare Borgia, the  death of Alexander, the ascension of della Rovere...I am really, really getting tired of "Premium" channel suits cancelling shows before they reach their natural stopping points, and I am seriously considering not watching ANY HBO/Starz/Showtime/AMC shows until they are completely wrapped up and  DONE. What's the point of watching them, when one after another is prematurely axed? Rome, Carnivale, Deadwood, now Borgias-ENOUGH!

Shalamar

« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2013, 04:16:18 PM »
Couldn't agree more about your last point, Verloona.  I remember watching The Dead Zone TV series and being flummoxed by the ending, because they'd been leading up to this huge catastrophe for several seasons, and it finally happened, and ... that was the end of the series?  I then found out that it had been cancelled without warning, so they didn't have a chance to wrap it up.  Feh.

molly13

« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2013, 11:43:23 PM »
Felt the same way about Medium.  Never heard it was ending until I watched the final episode - it was terrible.