Author Topic: Any Pop (or Soda) addicts?  (Read 5049 times)

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
Re: Any Pop (or Soda) addicts?
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2013, 01:03:38 PM »
I used to be addicted to Coke (had to be bottles/cans - no fountain drinks for me). 6-8 cans a day every day. We would shop at Sam's for my supply every week (and sometimes twice).

Also had coffee in the morning (iced or not). And iced tea when I couldn't get either one of those. You could say I was addicted to caffeine. Well, first coffee didn't taste good. Then, I tried MIOs. Made the water taste so much better! I finally stopped drinking Coke and switched to MIOs and iced tea. Still some caffeine but not nearly as much. And I'm saving at least 1000 calories a day...

A few days ago, though, I was feeling sick and asked my DH to bring home something carbonated. All they had was Mexican Coke. What's that, you may ask? Glass bottles with the old-fashioned top, made with real sugar. WOW! I now know what my splurge (bday, xmas, etc) drink is going to be.  But since they're hard to find and kind of expensive, I luckily can't have them all the time.

I still like a "real" Coke every now and then, not diet. So even though its pricy, I keep those 6 packs of 8 oz mini cans and when I feel like one, its not as bad as  full can or bottle.

Specky

Re: Any Pop (or Soda) addicts?
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2013, 01:20:34 PM »
I like Soda Stream seltzer with half a key lime squeezed in.  My teens like their once-a-week Sprecher's soda (blueberry and rootbeer).