Author Topic: Why did I buy that?!  (Read 3680 times)

Bethalize

• Toxic People Survival Checklist
Re: Why did I buy that?!
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2013, 11:04:58 AM »
What are washing soda crystals?

Sodium carbonate.

Bethalize

• Toxic People Survival Checklist
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2013, 11:07:10 AM »
Still, I bought ready-made fondant, color-flow, meringue powder, piping gel, etc., in the hopes to work more on these things in the near future.

Check your expiry dates. Expired fondant is nasty-tasting IMHO. I wasted lots.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2013, 12:36:52 PM »
I still haven't learned my lesson in not letting a good sale get the best of me.  I, yesterday, saw the coupon from Michael's for 40% off my entire purchase of regular price items and kind of lost my mind earlier today.  I wasn't planning on it but did manage to spend just under $100 for lots of things I really didn't need (cake baking and decorating supplies).  I think I lost it at the featherweight bags (canvas bags are too hard on my wrists; parchment bags and disposable plastic bags allow too much warmth from my hands).  This is after I put a bunch of stuff back on the shelf after asking myself if I really needed this stuff now (like luster dust and sugar sparkles).  Mind you -- I just do this stuff for fun, and I don't even decorate very often so some of the stuff might go back (although I think I might exchange one icing color for ivory if I can find it because I want a gel color that is close to skin color).  Am so glad I didn't know the coupon had been extended to be good all day long because I might've completely lost my mind finding many more things I don't need at all (was originally going to buy some cake pan sets but decided that I will wait until I see 50% off coupons for those).

I am this way with scrapbook stuff. I simply cannot pass up a good deal on paper, stickers etc. Yes I hardly every scrapbook since i just don't have the time. Although a couple of months ago I did cull out a short ton of stuff, which is still sitting in my living room. i need to donate it to Goodwill, i think.