Hostesses With The Mostest > Recipe Requests

Favorite cold dish ideas?

<< < (2/7) > >>

Layla Miller:
Oh, the pasta salad idea could work quite well.  We've got a ton of pasta in the house, so that would be very convenient!

EmmaJ.:
I stopped in a deli yesterday for some sliced ham and was looking at their cold salads display while waiting my turn.  On impulse, i purchased a small container labeled "Spicy Thai Noodles".

Oh my, was it ever scrumptious!  It had fettuccini noodles, shredded carrots, sliced spring onions, chopped peanuts.

I'm going to try to find a recipe with similar ingredients via Google.  I won't mind test tasting a dozen different versions!   :D

Acadianna:
Three Bean Salad might be nice, very quick and easy to make.  My mother-in-law had a wonderful recipe.  I'm going off the top of my head here, but I've made it so often, I'm pretty sure this is correct --

1 can each:  green beans, wax beans, red kidney beans (drained)
1 medium onion (cut into 1-inch pieces or smaller -- you can use less, if you're not wild about onion)
1/4 cup sugar (the original recipe called for 1/3 cup, but I found this made the salad too sweet)
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
salt to taste (maybe 1/2 teaspoon?  I tend to not use a lot of salt in cooking)

Mix everything together and marinate in the fridge for several hours or overnight.

NyaChan:
I'm currently hooked on Texas Caviar - so good!

jpcher:

--- Quote from: NyaChan on June 29, 2013, 04:41:13 PM ---I'm currently hooked on Texas Caviar - so good!

--- End quote ---

Please expound on this . . . sounds interesting!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version