Author Topic: A Special Snowflake Story  (Read 3541 times)

diesel_darlin

Re: A Special Snowflake Story
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2013, 02:31:42 PM »
One woman actually told me that it would be my fault if her post surgery v*gin* fell out in the road because she left her baggage unattended and she shouldn't have to lug it around with her.

"Pardon me ma'am, I believe you dropped this?"
(Employee holds up said item delicately in gloved hand...)

:o ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hmmm...I've heard of dropping a handkerchief or a pen/pencil to get someone's attention, but this...

actually, never mind. Too icky to contemplate!  :o

mich3554

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2013, 08:30:54 PM »
However, I think what happened in the OP was that the SS decided that all workers in the airport worked for the airline.

The problem is that when you get someone who does not quite understand what's going on, they assume that everyone in the facility that works there can help you. 

Airports can be quite confusing, especially to those who fly rarely or never.  So when something happens that is out of the norm, then what is logical to them (use a courtesy phone to call to get rebooked) is not always logical to those who understand the system.

Let me give you an example.....I work in a research lab in the medical center.  Our lab, while it is in the medical center is in no way connected to the clinics.  Incidentally, the lab phone number is one digit off from the outpatient surgery clinic.  It is (1) impossible for me to help them in any way and (2) impossible for me to transfer them.  The best I can do is give them the correct number and have them redial.

I'd be very wealthy today if I had a dollar for every wrong number I've gotten over the last 13 years.  Some people have been ok, some have argued with me in that I work in the medical center, therefore I MUST be able to transfer the call and I MUST know what time they are supposed to show up for their surgery.  Ummmm....no.  I don't consider them special snowflakes, just someone who does not understand the system.

Clockwork Banana

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2013, 10:17:57 PM »
See, it is those newfangled non-invasive stitch procedures.  Back in my day, well hmphh.......

One woman actually told me that it would be my fault if her post surgery v*gin* fell out in the road because she left her baggage unattended and she shouldn't have to lug it around with her.

"Pardon me ma'am, I believe you dropped this?"
(Employee holds up said item delicately in gloved hand...)

:o ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hmmm...I've heard of dropping a handkerchief or a pen/pencil to get someone's attention, but this...

actually, never mind. Too icky to contemplate!  :o