Author Topic: S/O of Brother and the Milk Glass - Gold Bracelet  (Read 4404 times)

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
Re: S/O of Brother and the Milk Glass - Gold Bracelet
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2013, 05:11:08 PM »
I'd give it back. I keep my costume jewelry mixed in with my real jewelry, and I can see accidentally scooping up a valuable bracelet by accident and it ending up in a box of the costume stuff.

There is of course always the chance that it's a very good fake. Did your friend check to see if it has the gold hallmark anywhere on it? I have some gold plated pieces that look like the real thing, but aren't worth more than maybe $10 or $20.

CrazyDaffodilLady

Re: S/O of Brother and the Milk Glass - Gold Bracelet
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2013, 08:50:20 PM »
There is obviously doubt about whether or not the giver intended to give the gold bracelet.  So what is the upside of not asking her about it?  The only upside I can think of is that the recipient mom gets a free gold bracelet that possibly wasn't intended as a gift.  Would she be comfortable enough with her decision to casually wear the bracelet in front of the giver?

The downside of not asking is loss of a friendship. 

Mammavan, did your friend ask about the bracelet, and if so, was it given by mistake? 
It takes two people to play tug of war. If you don't want to play, don't pick up the rope.