Author Topic: Maiden voyage for my DIY Smoker! any suggestions?  (Read 1818 times)

sparksals

• Super Hero!
Re: Maiden voyage for my DIY Smoker! any suggestions?
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2013, 02:53:57 PM »
I don't know about maiden voyage, but I am always happy when my DH smokes a duck.  Not for the duck, exactly (not as much meat as I would like), but for the fat.  I take the bowl of liquid that's been under the duck and render/collect the duck fat.  Smoked duck fat is awesome.  Chard sauteed in smoked duck fat - sigh.  It's nomilicious!

French Fries made with duck fat are worth slapping your mama for

LMAO!!!!!!

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2013, 03:57:17 PM »
I don't know about maiden voyage, but I am always happy when my DH smokes a duck.  Not for the duck, exactly (not as much meat as I would like), but for the fat.  I take the bowl of liquid that's been under the duck and render/collect the duck fat.  Smoked duck fat is awesome.  Chard sauteed in smoked duck fat - sigh.  It's nomilicious!

...now imagine them with smoked duck fat.

(oh, and for some of us, NOTHING was worth slapping our mamma for, LOL.  That would have been like kicking a grizzly, LOL  ;) )

Yes hunty, but you will DIE a happy woman

daen

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 03:56:48 PM »
I know I'm late to the party, but reddit.com/r/smoking is a forum with a lot of threads about techniques, recipes, builds, supplies... I get hungry every time I browse it.

(Just a warning that reddit.com has some of practically everything; and a lot of it is not safe for work, and the site can be a tremendous time-suck if you (like me) lack self-discipline. The smoking subreddit should be work-safe to browse, although I can't promise it won't be a time-suck.)

wheeitsme

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2013, 05:26:13 PM »

...now imagine them with smoked duck fat.

(oh, and for some of us, NOTHING was worth slapping our mamma for, LOL.  That would have been like kicking a grizzly, LOL  ;) )

Yes hunty, but you will DIE a happy woman

This would be true.