Hostesses With The Mostest > Recipe Requests

Maiden voyage for my DIY Smoker! any suggestions?

<< < (4/4)

sparksals:

--- Quote from: PastryGoddess on July 08, 2013, 02:08:45 PM ---
--- Quote from: wheeitsme on July 08, 2013, 11:57:53 AM ---I don't know about maiden voyage, but I am always happy when my DH smokes a duck.  Not for the duck, exactly (not as much meat as I would like), but for the fat.  I take the bowl of liquid that's been under the duck and render/collect the duck fat.  Smoked duck fat is awesome.  Chard sauteed in smoked duck fat - sigh.  It's nomilicious!

--- End quote ---

French Fries made with duck fat are worth slapping your mama for

--- End quote ---

LMAO!!!!!!

PastryGoddess:

--- Quote from: wheeitsme on July 08, 2013, 02:28:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: wheeitsme on July 08, 2013, 11:57:53 AM ---I don't know about maiden voyage, but I am always happy when my DH smokes a duck.  Not for the duck, exactly (not as much meat as I would like), but for the fat.  I take the bowl of liquid that's been under the duck and render/collect the duck fat.  Smoked duck fat is awesome.  Chard sauteed in smoked duck fat - sigh.  It's nomilicious!

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

...now imagine them with smoked duck fat.

(oh, and for some of us, NOTHING was worth slapping our mamma for, LOL.  That would have been like kicking a grizzly, LOL  ;) )

--- End quote ---

Yes hunty, but you will DIE a happy woman

daen:
I know I'm late to the party, but reddit.com/r/smoking is a forum with a lot of threads about techniques, recipes, builds, supplies... I get hungry every time I browse it.

(Just a warning that reddit.com has some of practically everything; and a lot of it is not safe for work, and the site can be a tremendous time-suck if you (like me) lack self-discipline. The smoking subreddit should be work-safe to browse, although I can't promise it won't be a time-suck.)

wheeitsme:

--- Quote from: PastryGoddess on July 08, 2013, 03:57:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: wheeitsme on July 08, 2013, 02:28:36 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

...now imagine them with smoked duck fat.

(oh, and for some of us, NOTHING was worth slapping our mamma for, LOL.  That would have been like kicking a grizzly, LOL  ;) )

--- End quote ---

Yes hunty, but you will DIE a happy woman

--- End quote ---

This would be true.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version