Author Topic: Houseguests bring uninvited dog to our pet-free home - Update #14, 40  (Read 6653 times)

Surianne

• Super Hero!
    • Prince ShimmerShine Moondream's Blogging Adventure
Re: Houseguests bring uninvited dog to our pet-free home - Update #14
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2013, 01:07:58 PM »
You don't have to be drunk or an idiot to try to help an animal in distress. I've helped numerous stray dogs and have never come close to being bitten, scratched, or attacked in any way. Unless I missed something major, the OP isn't in an African country. In my part of the country, it's not a major health hazard to go near a stray dog. You just have to show a little basic caution.

I don't think OP's friends did anything wrong. They tried to help a dog that needed it. OP clearly said that she had never told these friends about the no-dog policy, so it's not as if they were intentionally violating OP's rules. I wouldn't have any problem with my friends bringing a stray dog to my house if they found it while they were staying with me. I wouldn't be able to bring it in because of my own pets, but I'd find a way to keep it safe in the garage or backyard until morning and then contact Animal Control. I'd do the same if I was staying with a friend, unless I specifically knew that they couldn't allow dogs there under any circumstances. It just seems to be the basic, compassionate thing to do under the circumstances.

I agree on all points here.