Author Topic: Search Help, please . . . Mushroom recipe posted here  (Read 683 times)

jpcher

• Super Hero!
Search Help, please . . . Mushroom recipe posted here
« on: July 06, 2013, 02:21:03 PM »
I remember a mushroom recipe that was posted here (I think it was mentioned a couple of times.) I thought I put it in my "save" links, and did an extensive search in this topic to no avail.  . . .

If I remember correctly, there was wine involved. Also, the important thing was the long cook time. Recipe writer said that it tastes good after X amount of time, but wait! After XX amount of time it is sooo much better.

Could somebody please help me find this recipe?

P.S. if you find the recipe by searching, please let me know what you searched for. Thanks. ;D

Amara

« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 02:30:16 PM by Amara »

jpcher

• Super Hero!
Re: Search Help, please . . . Mushroom recipe posted here
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 02:50:28 PM »
You are AWESOME! Amara!

How on earth did you find that?

I never would have thought to look at "This Might Be a Stupid Question" thread . . . I thought for sure the recipe was posted in the "Recipe" thread.

Thank You! ;D ;D ;D

Amara

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 02:56:46 PM »
You are most welcome. I figured you had searched the recipe thread so it wasn't there. Food discussions have been sprinkled throughout a lot of discussions so a search for "mushrooms" turned up quite a few. Reading the one sentence from each told me that many were irrelevant but when I came across the one where a long cooking time was mentioned I knew that was likely it. And it was.

I recalled the recipe when it was first linked because while I have no doubt it is delicious I gagged at the amount of butter called for. (I wonder if you could cut that down to one quarter of what she listed?)

At any rate, I enjoyed using my Holmes' skills. Enjoy! 

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 06:33:42 PM »
I've heard that many of PW's recipes actually call for too much butter ...

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 04:01:56 PM »
That looks amazing!

CakeBeret

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 04:49:26 PM »
I made those for Thanksgiving. To be honest, my entire house smelling like red wine for NINE solid hours made me feel nauseous. I didn't end up having any (already had a head cold and the wine fumes were still making me nauseous) but my guests liked them.

*edited because the wine fumes made me forget how many hours of wine fumes there were*
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 04:51:05 PM by CakeBeret »
"From a procrastination standpoint, today has been wildly successful."

Minmom3

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 08:57:35 PM »
On the comments section on the Pioneer Woman's page, some folk say they want to try it in a crockpot.  I'd HAVE to do it that way if I did it for a holiday, due to oven availability and stove top availability. 

I just really wanted to comment because it seems the different things a crockpot can be coerced into doing for me are endless.  Last weekend I rendered beef fat in mine.  I stuck it on a jelly roll pan (just in case things overflowed) on top of my clothes dryer, in the wash room.  So, my whole house didn't smell of beef fat overnight.  It worked beautifully, and I will do it again.  I was trying a home made bird suet recipe, and I made 16 blocks of peanut buttery wonderfulness that the birds line up to chow down on!

I've also read of people using it to make home made yogurt.  I want to try that one too!
Mother to children and fuzz butts....